Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Default Re: Concealed Carry Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    hehe,.... it seconds as a urinal
    Funniest, yet most disturbing post of the day!
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deer Lt160

I have seen on a few sites that people have been using air-soft guns for the molds when making their own holsters.
    www.stormspoons.com my website
    http://www.etsy.com/people/Forgeblast?ref=pr_profile
    Is where I also have spoons listed.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

This young lady shows a lot of different options and holsters for concealed carry for a female. She seems to have thought this thru pretty well.

Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1520

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    This young lady shows a lot of different options and holsters for concealed carry for a female. She seems to have thought this thru pretty well.

Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women - YouTube
    Good video, James. And, I supect you've thought that thigh holster through pretty well too.
    What are your thoughts and/or recommendations regarding holsters?

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    Good video, James. And, I supect you've thought that thigh holster through pretty well too.
    What are your thoughts and/or recommendations regarding holsters?
    Yes I enjoyed the video too! As for holsters, well I am no expert.. I have a big cardboard box full, like everyone else that has messed with pistols for a few years. I have one of these for my current carry pistol. I don't think there is any "one best" holster. Notice the female on the video had several that she used for different applications. Or were you not watching the holsters that closely

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Yes I enjoyed the video too! As for holsters, well I am no expert.. I have a big cardboard box full, like everyone else that has messed with pistols for a few years. I have one of these for my current carry pistol. I don't think there is any "one best" holster. Notice the female on the video had several that she used for different applications. Or were you not watching the holsters that closely

James K0UA
    Holsters? What holsters?

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

While not relevant to the type of holster, I found out one summer day in 1987 if you do not always carry your gun and carry it in the same place, in a true emergency, you will take way to long deploying it.

And yes, this is one of those do as I say not as I do as since I retired, I have gotten more complacent than I should.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1520

UPDATE: Well after trying on what seemed like a hundred holsters, I found that I didn't need to have pants that were two sizes larger to wear an IWB, and without question, they are more concealable. That along with apparently losing some of my "holiday weight", allowed me to get into some pants that I haven't been able to wear comfortably since last fall. Several of you had recommended the Crossbreed SuperTuk, but I found that Old Faithful Holsters (thanks for the tip, Marveltone) offered a similar model with what I saw were some advantages. I bought the kit, which they offered for my pistol, for $40. plus shipping. Because it's put together with screws rather than rivets, it's fully adjustable for tension, cant and height. Also, since they sell the Kydex shells, as well as everything else, seperately, I can buy just the pre-formed shell (I think $11.00) if I get another gun in the future. It seems very well made. They offer a 50 year warranty as well as a 30 day money back "trial". In fact they say if you don't like it, they'll give you your money back and you can keep the holster!
    71bronco: If you can't find a holster to fit your 469, they offer complete holster kits with an unformed sheet of Kydex that you should be able to mold fairly easily to fit.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota L3240DT

Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for a holster and this is on the list. By the way did you go to Geauga Co. for your CCW?

Jeff
    2011 Kubota L3240DT
    724 SSQA loader Titan 42" Forks
    513 JD brushhog 6.5' Meyers Snow Plow
    Loader Mounted Boom Pole Loaded Rear Tires
    Work Platform

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1520

Quote Originally Posted by 71bronco View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for a holster and this is on the list. By the way did you go to Geauga Co. for your CCW?

Jeff
    No, Portage. It took a week, once I got in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast