Concealed Carry Holsters

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #62  
I have seen on a few sites that people have been using air-soft guns for the molds when making their own holsters.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
   / Concealed Carry Holsters #65  
Good video, James. And, I supect you've thought that thigh holster through pretty well too. :)
What are your thoughts and/or recommendations regarding holsters?

Yes I enjoyed the video too!:) As for holsters, well I am no expert.. I have a big cardboard box full, like everyone else that has messed with pistols for a few years. I have one of these for my current carry pistol. I don't think there is any "one best" holster. Notice the female on the video had several that she used for different applications. Or were you not watching the holsters that closely:)

James K0UA

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #66  
Yes I enjoyed the video too!:) As for holsters, well I am no expert.. I have a big cardboard box full, like everyone else that has messed with pistols for a few years. I have one of these for my current carry pistol. I don't think there is any "one best" holster. Notice the female on the video had several that she used for different applications. Or were you not watching the holsters that closely:)

James K0UA
Holsters? What holsters? :wink:

Joe

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #67  
While not relevant to the type of holster, I found out one summer day in 1987 if you do not always carry your gun and carry it in the same place, in a true emergency, you will take way to long deploying it.

And yes, this is one of those do as I say not as I do as since I retired, I have gotten more complacent than I should.

UPDATE: Well after trying on what seemed like a hundred holsters, I found that I didn't need to have pants that were two sizes larger to wear an IWB, and without question, they are more concealable. That along with apparently losing some of my "holiday weight", allowed me to get into some pants that I haven't been able to wear comfortably since last fall. Several of you had recommended the Crossbreed SuperTuk, but I found that Old Faithful Holsters (thanks for the tip, Marveltone) offered a similar model with what I saw were some advantages. I bought the kit, which they offered for my pistol, for $40. plus shipping. Because it's put together with screws rather than rivets, it's fully adjustable for tension, cant and height. Also, since they sell the Kydex shells, as well as everything else, seperately, I can buy just the pre-formed shell (I think $11.00) if I get another gun in the future. It seems very well made. They offer a 50 year warranty as well as a 30 day money back "trial". In fact they say if you don't like it, they'll give you your money back and you can keep the holster! :eek:
71bronco: If you can't find a holster to fit your 469, they offer complete holster kits with an unformed sheet of Kydex that you should be able to mold fairly easily to fit.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #69  
Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for a holster and this is on the list. By the way did you go to Geauga Co. for your CCW?

Jeff

Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for a holster and this is on the list. By the way did you go to Geauga Co. for your CCW?

Jeff

No, Portage. It took a week, once I got in.