Concealed Carry Holsters

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #1  

Welshman

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH T1520
I think I'm in the market for a new holster, and am interested in opinions on brands, styles, and materials. What have you tried - what do you like and don't like?
I'm considering a cross-draw, but haven't made up my mind. I've read some pro's and con's, and for me, I think the pro's outweigh the con's, but I'm trying to avoid investing in a holster collection. For some unknown reason, my belt keeps getting closer to the ground :))), and for that reason, I've also considered a shoulder rig.
What do you think?
Thanks

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #2  
I use a cross draw by banshee, but I do own many holsters.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #4  
   / Concealed Carry Holsters #5  
Face it, like most everyone you will end up with a drawer full of holsters over the years. :laughing:

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
This is what I currently use: Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - High Slide Very comfortable, well made, and easily concealable. Plus, I like the fact that it's made in Minnesota.
Joe

That High Slide seems pretty slick. It says that the cant is adjustable to some degree. Is it enough to make it suitable for cross-draw?

Does anyone have any experience with an adjustable holster, such as the Fobus Roto holster? In theory, with the variety of body shapes and sizes, it sounds like a good idea.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
   / Concealed Carry Holsters #9  
Like many, I too have a couple of boxes of holsters in the search for the perfect holster. I have IWB, OWB and a variety of shoulder holsters.

My last concealment holster was the Blackhawk Serpa which I really liked, but since I retired, I rarely wear a belt. Galco also makes some nice leather holsters.

I now carry in my pocket, but keep thinking about another shoulder holster if I can find one to fit my S&W 638.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #10  
I like Milt Sparks' Versa Max 2 Versa Max 2 rides nicely IWB with a 3" 1911. Some even carry a full size 1911 with one but I don't like that much weight.