Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example #2  
Re: Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an exa

Well, pork butt is from the shoulder, so how confusing is that? Try getting a kid to eat pork butt! Eww, I'm not eating the butt!!! We're eating the butt!!! Butt! Butt! Butt! :laughing:

Why don't they call it what it is? Pork shoulder. And why is Boston involved? Boston Butt? Really?

:D

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example #3  
Re: Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an exa

A $1.69 per pound pork chop will now be $4.99 per pound pork ribeye?

mark

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example #4  

Heaven forbid that people learn ANYTHING. The names have served for how many decades? Now we have t change it? I think the NWS is trying to do away with the terms "Watch" and "Warning", because people can't tell the difference. Now how hard is it to know a Warning is more severe than a Watch? Warning, Danger, etc. should be pretty self explanatory.

Oh well, be sure and make those of us old folks that learned it the first time, re-learn it. I'll just ask my butcher. Job security for him!

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example #5  

A guy walks into a butchers and says to the butcher "are you a betting man?"
"Yes" replied the butcher.
"Well I bet you a tenner you can't reach those pieces of meat up on that wall"
"I'm not taking that on" says the butcher
"I thought you were a betting man" says the man
"I am,... but the steaks are too high!"

:laughing:

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example #6  

Guy walks into a butcher shop and says to the butcher: "What cut of meat is this"
"It's beef kidney" replied the butcher.
"How do you cook it" asked the guy...
"You boil the pee out of it" said the butcher.

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example

Gal walks into a butcher shop and says to the butcher; How much is the lettuce and is it fresh ?
The Butcher says; Huh ? Sorry lady , this is the meat department
The Gal walks away...:laughing::D:dance1:

/ Retail Beef and Pork cuts....Names are changing...No more " Pork Butt " as an example #8  

Gal walks into a butcher shop and says to the butcher; How much is the lettuce and is it fresh ?
The Butcher says; Huh ? Sorry lady , this is the meat department
The Gal walks away...:laughing::D:dance1:

Cheeze, Brin, you really screwed this one up. It goes like this:

The Butcher says; "You're from Georgia, aren't you?"
The lady says, "How did you know?
The butcher says: "Because this is a butcher shop"
The Gal walks away...:
(Just kidding, really! :eek:)