anyone used a good hdmi video crossfader?

/ anyone used a good hdmi video crossfader? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
need one that will take 2 source inputs and have one output.. and seamless xfade betweent he 2.. or fade to black then to the other input without having to re-syn like a video switcher will.. which is what I am using now.. a switcher... takes 3-5 seconds to sync when switching inputs...

/ anyone used a good hdmi video crossfader? #2  
I have heard good things about the Roland V4 ($1275 from Sweetwater or B&H),but no personal experience other than a friend who does video installs for businesses cursing HDMI and saying that Component was much better as most switches/splitters have a hard time synchronizing the audio/video.

Aaron Z

/ anyone used a good hdmi video crossfader?
I have heard good things about the Roland V4 ($1275 from Sweetwater or B&H),but no personal experience other than a friend who does video installs for businesses cursing HDMI and saying that Component was much better as most switches/splitters have a hard time synchronizing the audio/video.

Aaron Z

yep.. that's what I'm fighting.

I'm working in a building with a bunch of tv's and video sources.. and am using cat5 in the walls and extenders.. monoprice.. etc.. i have a couple video switchers.. 4 bangers.. kanex pro and a monoprice m1 had to repalce one of those..e tc. anyway.. whenever I switch an input.. the tv 'chain' takes forever to sync and since using extenders.. it's almost a serial sync. each tv syncs after the other as there is a MP splitter/extender at each tv as they are in different rooms.

if I can find a good xfader.. it will stay synced with all units downstream.. and I can use feed it 2 inputs constantly.. and then fade between them.. and que up the non active one while the active one plays..e tc... or that's the idea anyway....

i got excited reading the V4 till i hit the specs. s vid and composite only.. UGH :)

still.. it did everything else I wanted. had previe and source and output monitoring.. vlnk for auto trigger..e tc..

/ anyone used a good hdmi video crossfader? #6  
Quick search shows nothing that a few thousand dollars can't remedy.... YIKES!
I'll follow this thread with interest. Let us know if you find anything reasonably priced.

i'm looking right now..and yeah.. I told the boss what he wanted was 'pro' gear.

i usedto do work for a local tv station and we had a crossfade unit. i'm sure it was a couple thou.. and it was all bnc plug.. way before hdmi...

i'll take a look, thanks

yummy price tag I notice. my boss will have a coronary :)