Collect anything weird?

/ Collect anything weird? #22  
Earlier on I said brass candlesticks but should have added most anything and at that too much. L O L !
My tool collection really has me prepared for any chore.
More than a few times a yard seller has said "If you can guess what it is it is yours!"
Lathes-2, press drills-2, table saws-2, miter saws-2, air tools ?? (10-12) some real odd balls like back spot facers, It is simply amazing what folks sell off at yard sales and it seems that a lot of trades people lived around this area.
But I will add that I also am agile in more trades than the average person (and earned a nice income over the last 25 yrs practicing renovation trade.I'll also add that with the right tool you can easily ply many trades. One example is a stone masons chipping hammer makes fitting that corner stone on a fireplace easy, sure a 5 lb hammer and chisel will do but the real tool is so much easier (and faster). Flex 48" drill bit makes wiring much faster. as does a screw gun 'cane' to lay sub flooring.
Were I to die tomorrow a $10,000 offer would be a super bargain for my collection. Oh yeah and 4 compressors and think 8 air nailers. At an auction I once purchased 30 cases of nails@ $17. per. At same auction I got 4 screw gun 'canes' and 3 2" finish nailers. Kept one of each and traded balance for other things I wanted.
At one industriel auction I got 6 very special aviation screw guns in a lot bid and b4 getting to my car I had sold 5 to individuals leaving me with one and a health profit in my pocket.

I know that we are talking collections but this is how I collect much stuff.

/ Collect anything weird? #24  
Beer cans and breweriana from Texas.

Grand Prize, Southern Select, Mitchell's, Bluebonnet, Time, Pearl, Shiner, and of course Lone Star. And also Jax from New Orleans.

If anyone has any old beer cans in good condition that they want to get rid of, feel free to send me a PM.

- Spindifferent

/ Collect anything weird? #25  
Just stuff I happen to like... Employe pin from Wright Bros Aviation... Several ancient harmonicas... Kerosene flood light... 1920s microscope... 1900 truck lug wrenches... Geodes... Blacksmith-made bolts... Old inkwells... 1800s candle shade...

Then there's the old family stuff. About as eclectic as you can get.

/ Collect anything weird? #26  
Moss Sent you a PM with the lat/long of the roundhouse and viaduct.

/ Collect anything weird? #27  
Wife sez I collect dust?

mark

/ Collect anything weird? #29  
Some of those are pure works of art.
My favorite one was made from one solid piece of wood. It was made in the 1840's and used to hunt ducks on the Chesapeake Bay, It is totally hand carved with even details carved for wings and other body parts. It has a few scratches from being used, but the Patina is absolutely Beautiful.

/ Collect anything weird?
Those are awesome. I love the fabric cords.

Most of the cords are reproduction replacement as the original cloth just didnt stand up to the test of time but I did have a couple fans that even retain their original cloth cords.

My favorite one was made from one solid piece of wood. It was made in the 1840's and used to hunt ducks on the Chesapeake Bay, It is totally hand carved with even details carved for wings and other body parts. It has a few scratches from being used, but the Patina is absolutely Beautiful.

Would love to see a few pictures.