Collect anything weird?

/ Collect anything weird? #1  

PsRumors

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
I collect early 1900 electric desk fans mainly 8" but have some 10, 12, 16 inch fans along with a 23". These fans are cast iron motors and bases with brass blades and cages. They are very well made and very heavy. Generally when I find one it just needs to be cleaned up a little and they continue to work, after 100 years of use and abuse.

All of these have original paint

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

A video of a very unique and rare 8" fan

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/psrumors/Fans/Zephyr/Zephyr.mp4
Zephyr.mp4

/ Collect anything weird? #2  
Your fans are great, they are real works of industrial art. Keep up the collecting!

/ Collect anything weird? #3  
Nice collection.....we love antiques.....have a couple of fans. I also collect signs, civil war stuff and a whole bunch of yard art. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

/ Collect anything weird? #5  
From my 21 year Navy career... lots of odd things from port calls around the world. Not the usual tourist trap junk. Nice quality farm funnel with brass plate, made in Hobart Tasmania, flags from around the world, small bags of rice from around the world, plus eating/cooking items from those countries. Lots of beer/soda bottles too.

mark

/ Collect anything weird? #6  
Down here in the deep south, big rocks are very rare. So if i see one i bring it home. Also like finding arrowheads.

/ Collect anything weird? #7  
Down here in the deep south, big rocks are very rare. So if i see one i bring it home. Also like finding arrowheads.

Have all the big rocks you want here in the north east.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Collect anything weird? #8  
My thing is antique brass candlesticks.
Mainly pairs but I also have some singles.
I would love to print a catalog or write a book on the subject.
Collection stands at about 150.

/ Collect anything weird? #9  
Any thing old and farm/ industrial related. Equiptment, tools, axes, oil containers, ...

Some people like buying new clothes,shoes..., I like buying old "junk".

/ Collect anything weird? #10  
Old milk jars and milk cans, anything related to old dairy. Cream separators, etc. Both of my parents came from the dairy industry.