Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Toyota is going to have a full size pick up, the Titan available
12/1/2003. It has a crew cab or king cab. Toyota is aiming
for the Big Three fullsize pickup market.
)</font>

I'm pretty sure the Titan is a Nissan, not a Toyota.

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra
You're not too late, but I did take delivery on the Tundra today. It is every bit as big as I need. I saw the release for the Titan and also thought about waiting for the Tundra Quad Cab in November. The truck I bought with 4.7 V8, LSD, TRD off-road package with Bilstein shocks, and towing package add up to 1,525 payload and 6,900 towing capacity with a class IV hitch and stock 7-pin plug. It'll handle more than I expect to haul or pull. It fits in the garage and my wife is not terrified of it. And most of all, it looks great and is a BLAST to drive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I need more muscle, I'll borrow my down-the-road neighbor's F250.

That Titan will be something, though. I read that Toyota will bide their time for at least two more model years and get a little better at this segment. Nissan gets a free ride (as far as "import" heavy half-tons go) for awhile. I think that Titan may actually help pave the way for general acceptance of imports into the work class truck. Seems like there is quite a cult of loyal Tundra and Tacoma owners who are watching the Titan and curious about what Toyota will do to "draft into the full-size truck market.

Interesting to note that Toyota currently manufactures everything on the Tundra in Indiana with hometown labor. The engine is still imported, but only until next year (I think) when they open a plant in Arkansas.

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra
Kelvin, I'll be seriously considering a 16', but would prefer a 14' if I can find one. I'm in no rush. The 12' was my original thought and your comments and those of a few others got me thinking. Great resource here. Thanks for the advice.

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra #14  
I originally had a 16' --- bought an 18' --- and now wish I'd bought a 22' --- my next one will be a gooseneck 24' - 28' (need a new truck first) On trailers - bigger is always better.

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra #15  
Pete, I have a 12' trailer because it was all I could use with my Toyota Tacoma. If I had the truck for a 16' trailer, that is what I would bought. I have already budgeted for a bigger trailer when I finally break down and buy a new truck.
Will

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra #16  
dmcarty, I beg your pardon but the Tundra is a full size truck. It is a smallish full size but it is full size. Parked beside my brothers Found On Road Dead (FORD) it is virtually identical in size, perhaps a smidge smaller here and there which I find useful when off road.
Also, the Titan is a Nissan. Nissan is not made by Toyota. They are two different companies. There are rumors of a Tundra Super Duty. Toyota has "world engines" in both diesel and gasoline that are larger than the current Tundra offerings. J

/ Toyota Avalon for Toyota Tundra #17  
bigpete, great, your Tundra sounds similar to my rig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Hey, just wait until some guy in a sports car thinks he needs to outrun you. Mash on the pedal and the usually totally silent Lexus V8 gets mean /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. You still can only here a turbine like whine but the scenery becomes rapidly a blur /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
I would get a 16 foot trailer with tandem wheels. I pull that trailer with my little Toyota easily on local trips and the Tundra does not even know it is back there. J