You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...!

/ You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...! #11  
Very sad. I rode until about 10 years ago and nothing worse than those jello legs after a close call. I've preached to both my kids to always look a second time for 2 wheelers when pulling onto a roadway, and give them reminders every Spring.

/ You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...! #12  
I would love to ride a bike but there are too many idiots in cars. They make me nervous driving a 7,500 pound truck. No way am I going to be on a bike with these idiots. Last Sunday I had to work and on the way home in the afternoon I saw a car that had gone off the side of the road. I don't know why they went off the road but I saw a few skid marks. They could have been distracted, there were four people in the car, or someone may have run them off the road. A few miles down the road, I saw another spot where someone had recently run off the road. This road is mostly straight with only a few turns. I see people pass on this road all of the time. Many times it is illegal to pass but they do it anyway. The last car that passed me was in a passing zone but he almost had a head on collision with traffic. Insane.

My dad saw an bike accident years ago where a car pulled in front of a bike. The bike driver could do nothing but hit the back of the car. The bike and bike passenger were seriously hurt or killed. One was spazzing out on the ground after the accident. My dad thought they had broken their neck. For some reason, I pay attention to the news reports of cycle accidents. Many times it is the bikers fault, either drunk and/or driving too fast but a large percentage of the accidents were cars not seeing the biker...

Later,
Dan

/ You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...! #13  
In spite of all the risks and some time spent sliding and tumbling down the road, I rode mine until last year when poor health took me off of it; sure do miss it. People kept telling me I would get killed on one, but ironically a car wreck is what really hurt me.

/ You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...! #14  
Not to sound smart but if the motorist would just watch for riders more there would be less accidents. Its crazy the way drivers get complacent in the little shell and dont take the time to look closely. This incident sounds just like that scenerio. True that if the rider may have been paying more attention it may have given him time to react but this is clearly the other vehicles fault and they should be held accountable.

/ You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...!
I rode a Harley Police Motorcycle as a Traffic Officer for 3 yrs...clocked around 4,000 hours riding professionally...and I have missed it for all these years but there is no way I would get back on and ride in today's traffic. As has been said, it is very difficult to avoid a certain collision when someone pulls out in front of you...WE had side bars and given a second or two we were trained and practiced laying the bike down and sliding into a certain collision but most motorcycles today do not have the side bars nor do the riders have the skills to do the maneuvers that could save their lives...I mean , we had practice motorcycles...who now wants to practice laying down their motor cycle and scraping along the road...? LOL Riding today is much too dangerous...the risks are very high...think of all the cell phones now and texting...give me the shivers...

/ You guys and gals with motorcycles....Be very careful...! #16  
Sorry for your friends loss. I feel bad for his family especially the kids that's so sad. It seems like in most of these cases all of the players were not paying enough attention or their attention was diverted at the last critical moments that fact may never be known.

I have a good friend I ride with that his brother was killed on a Harley by a cop who pulled out in front of him on the highway. He had his attention diverted by another cop actually it was the county sheriff running at high speed chasing a speeder in the opposite lane going the other direction and this cop was turning around to give chase also. He had no chance at 65 mph to avoid that crash. We ride by the little cross and permanent flowers on the roadside where he died almost every time we ride.

Not being critical but a full face helmet like he wore is not the best pick if you want good peripheral vision. I wear one also and its not ideal for in town street riding where there are so many threats from a sideways direction. my .002