Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: Where's the beef? er.....chicken

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    I'm with whoever mentioned Steak-n-Shake burgers, they are good, the best I've probably had from a fast food joint.

Around here, Dairy Queen, Burger King and Wendys aren't bad. The local Mickey D's is usually pretty awful, though.
    If I had to run out for a burger right now, there is a place called "Andy's" that is a minor chain, and their burgers suit me pretty well. I get mine with mustard, slaw, chilli and onion (some call that Carolina Style) but my buddy gets his in what I have heard called "West Virginia style" which has lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion, and pickle...and he says that is excellent too. So for me it would be Andy's.

I have never been to Steak and Shake, so I their burgers could be better for all I know. For six weeks, we drove past one each day on the way to Chapel Hill, but I was always too desperate to get home to tarry much. But I will definitely try one in two weeks on my follow-up and see if it is better.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

I forgot all about Five Guys! I don't think they have a drive-thru though, so maybe they're a "step up" from "fast food", but man are they good. The grilled chicken breast I've got marinating may have to wait another night.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Bota View Post
    If I had to run out for a burger right now, there is a place called "Andy's" that is a minor chain, and their burgers suit me pretty well. I get mine with mustard, slaw, chilli and onion (some call that Carolina Style) but my buddy gets his in what I have heard called "West Virginia style" which has lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion, and pickle...and he says that is excellent too. So for me it would be Andy's
    The marinating chicken's odds of getting grilled are going down by the post.
    ____
    Jay

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    I forgot all about Five Guys! I don't think they have a drive-thru though, so maybe they're a "step up" from "fast food", but man are they good. The grilled chicken breast I've got marinating may have to wait another night.
    My favorite! With the Cajun fries! Yum!

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Chicken......is......fading.
    ____
    Jay

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Dan may know of this since he is near Raleigh....Char-grill.
    When I was a student, I was pretty darn poor, and rarely got to eat this well, but I did get at least two visits in, probably one per degree. I went to the one on Hillsborough Street. The smoke flies and the burger comes out pretty burned on the outside (charred) , but with all the tomato, etc, it tastes pretty darn good.

Char-Grill | Raleigh, NC | The Ultimate Hamburger

If any of you pass through Hillsborough Street in Raleigh, give Char-grill a try.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Bota View Post
    If I had to run out for a burger right now, there is a place called "Andy's" that is a minor chain, and their burgers suit me pretty well. I get mine with mustard, slaw, chilli and onion (some call that Carolina Style) but my buddy gets his in what I have heard called "West Virginia style" which has lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion, and pickle...and he says that is excellent too. So for me it would be Andy's.

I have never been to Steak and Shake, so I their burgers could be better for all I know. For six weeks, we drove past one each day on the way to Chapel Hill, but I was always too desperate to get home to tarry much. But I will definitely try one in two weeks on my follow-up and see if it is better.
    Steak and Shake used to be pretty good but I have not been in one in years. Andys CAN be good but the last time we ate there the idiot cook was pressing all of the juice out of the burgers. This is great if one likes to chew leather..... Tain't been back. Andy's used to be packed but not so much anymore which is a shame because they were pretty decent.

Oh, yeah. Not all Sushi is raw. Shrimp is usually cooked as is crab, eel, and octopus.

Later,
    Dan

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

My wife loves Wendy's Value Menu. Those little value menu chicken wraps are really good. She gets a wrap or value burger with value fries and value Frostie. I don't eat fast food often, but the value chicken wrap is pretty darn good the times I've had it.
    Jim

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

I'm disappointed that Wendy's customer service has not contacted me yet. Their web site says they will contact me about my complaint within 48 hours and it has been 4 days now.
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8 View Post
    I'm disappointed that Wendy's customer service has not contacted me yet. Their web site says they will contact me about my complaint within 48 hours and it has been 4 days now.
    Hmm. . . seems like their customer service promise is run by the same people who make commercials for chicken flatbread sandwiches.
    Jim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast