Where's the beef? er.....chicken

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
OK, it's a tractor forum, but we have to eat too so, the Wendy's commercial for their new Flatbread Grilled Chicken sandwich made it look so good that I had to go try one yesterday. I ordered the Asiago Flatbread sandwich that comes with healthy grilled chicken and unhealthy bacon to even things out.

When I got home I quickly took two large bites and never tasted any chicken or bacon so I opened it up and looked inside. It sure didn't look anything like the photo in their commercials. One small slice of bacon and a piece of chicken that didn't even cover half the bread. I wonder if all Wendys make them like this or if I just have a rotten Wendys in my town.

Attachments

• Flatbread.jpg
    Flatbread.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 252
  • MyFlatbread.JPG
    MyFlatbread.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 204
   / Where's the beef? er.....chicken #2  
Dudley...Gee, that is not even close...I would be tempted to buy too based on their photo ad but seeing what you actually got...I'm sure you were really disappointed...Why not take the photos in to the store manager...I mean that is irritating to get all the way home and find out you were ripped off...

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #3  
I would throw it in the freezer and take it back the next time you are in town...

Aaron Z

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #4  
That's pretty sad. Nobody's sandwiches look like the ad pics, but that is ridiculous.

Maybe next time ask for a flatbread sandwich ... and hold the flat . :cool2:

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #6  
I tried one of their new fish sandwiches and it was pretty decent...usually I go for a burger because I think Wendy's makes the best of the drive-thru joints...

I used to like SubWay sandwiches (BMT)...but I have not been back since I learned ALL their meat is "made" from turkey

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #7  
Well, that certainly explains the "delicious" philly cheesesteak I got from Subway a while back...yuck. :mad:

And yeah, Dudley, you definitely got hosed on that sandwich. :laughing:

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #8  
I've only tried Wendy's three times over several years (& different stores), never was impressed!

Wife & I stopped by a Dairy Queen for "double cheeseburgers" a few years ago, only found one small burger! We took them back to the counter & complained, shift manager did find the second burger underneath. They tasted stale! Looked at the grill, it was full, with few customers, they were cooking them for the next day, apparently! When we got home, I tried to find a way to report the problem on the DQ web sight, but couldn't! We only get ice cream at that DQ from then on! ~~ grnspot

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #9  
Wendy's Flatbread Grilled Chicken

I tasted one of those couple weeks ago because they look so good. Big disappointment, taste was awful and that's the bottomline. After one bite threw the rest into the trash. Will never buy another one! On the other hand their Spicey Chicken sandwiches and Chocolate Frostys are addictive. :licking:

/ Where's the beef? er.....chicken #10  
I tasted one of those couple weeks ago because they look so good. Big disappointment, taste was awful and that's the bottomline. After one bite threw the rest into the trash. Will never buy another one! On the other hand their Spicey Chicken sandwiches and Chocolate Frostys are addictive. :licking:
My wife started me dipping fries in a chocolate frosty... Quite yummy.

Aaron Z