Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: Help with Wife's laptop..

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Thank you all ...I have printed all of these solutions and will try them tonight...You guys may make me a hero...I will post back the results...and yes I will give credit where credit is due...I will tell my wife you guys helped me...
    OK - Thanks guys...I clicked on the battery Icon...then clicked ..do nothing when lid is closed and presto...it works...now the wife can close the lid and only have to watch the one monitor....I really appreciate the help but I did tell you guys solved it...she knew I had already tried..and failed...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Glad you got it fixed! Who says you can't mix tractors and computers?

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Brin,

I'm surprised she doesn't like two screens open with the desktop extended onto the 2nd monitor. That way you can watch Swamp People on one screen and surf TBN on the other!

But seriously, I have extended desktop across two monitors and I really like it. I have email, calendar and another application open on one screen and whatever I'm currently working on open on the big monitor. Makes for a lot less switching between applications. You might want to give it a try.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Quote Originally Posted by rmorey View Post
    Cant have too many "Brownie points" when its "tractor buying" time!
    Got that right!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad View Post
    But seriously, I have extended desktop across two monitors and I really like it. I have email, calendar and another application open on one screen and whatever I'm currently working on open on the big monitor. Makes for a lot less switching between applications. You might want to give it a try.
    I have that at home and at work. Works well. A co-worker has a 24" flatscreen which is about the size of 2 19" "regular" monitors and loves it.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    I have that at home and at work. Works well. A co-worker has a 24" flatscreen which is about the size of 2 19" "regular" monitors and loves it.

Aaron Z
    At work I have a dock that my laptop slides into. There're two 22" monitors for that. Very nice. Then I have a smaller laptop with a 2nd monitor for that. So, 4 monitors, lots of different things to keep an eye on and still a space to work.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12