How do YOU keep track of passwords?

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
I added up all mine today, and the final total is 22 separate passwords !!! Needless to say, every one is different, and it's a real struggle at my age to remember the ones used only monthly. I keep a copy of all of them in the memo pad function of my Droid, password protected of course...:laughing: and have a hard copy of them all stored in a folder in my budget book and another hard copy in my safe...

Sometimes I wish it wasn't such a headache trying to keep track of them all, and I recall working with somebody back in Y2K who told me he used the same password for everything, it was a stream of pure profanity with the first, third, and last letters capitalized with the number 1 prefacing the first word in the month of January, the number 2 prefacing the first word for the month of February, etc. He said if anybody could guess his password they were a lot smarter than he was...:laughing:

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #2  
Try KeePass Password Safe
There are versions that work on Windows, Linux, Android, etc.
You can also setup DropBox, have it sync the password database between your various devices and then run KeePass on your various devices. I know someone who does that on windows at home and at work and on an android phone.

Aaron Z

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #3  
KeePass is good. I like LastPass personally. I used to use KeePass, but I found that LastPass's integration into browser and phone was more seamless. Basically, all I have to do is memorize one password--my LastPass master password--and LastPass does the rest. I have LastPass generate 8-character, 100% random combinations of letters and numbers, and use that for everything. On the browser, LastPass automatically detects the URL that I'm going to and fills in the username/password, so I never have to type them by hand, or even click a button to auto-fill.

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords?
Don't you guys worry that an online site that stores all your passwords might be hacked????

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #5  
Don't you guys worry that an online site that stores all your passwords might be hacked????

I use RoboForm. As with all of these password utilities you have to / should use encryption.

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #6  
I don't worry I just forget mine and have to re up every time I try to do something.:laughing::duh::ashamed:

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #7  
I use this - keeps track of hundreds of passwords. Once you go to the site that needs a password you put in ONE PASSWORD ( the same one ) and the computer selects the appropriate password for that site which is different. So I have one password for hundreds of passwords

https://agilebits.com/onepassword

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #8  
I use Norton virus scan safe, identity safe log in.. I log in to Norton then it will log in to what ever I log into.. if wish for it to do so.. I keep all my pass words "login" in a hard copy and plus a micro soft file.. been doing this for several years.. so far so good.. Lou

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #9  
I keep mine on two separate memo pads. I keep one in my wallet and the other one in my Wife's office.

/ How do YOU keep track of passwords? #10  

LastPass encrypts all of your passwords, and only your key will decrypt it. Therefore, even if LastPass is hacked, the hacker gets nothing but random garbage. Even LastPass themselves can't get at your data without your password. You have to trust that LastPass is not messing up by, for example, unintentionally keeping decrypted copies of the stuff in buffers or temp files; and you have to trust that LastPass isn't just out-and-out lying, but I'm willing to grant them that until proven otherwise.