GoPro Camera

/ GoPro Camera
They really do need to come up with a kindergarten style video editor, lol. Good luck.

I think the kiddo's could operate this stuff, that is the sad part!

I've ended up talking more time lapse shots than I could ever edit and some aren't worth the time it takes to delete them. Still learning but I think that Windows Movie Maker is going to be the editing software for me.

/ GoPro Camera #22  
I use Windows Live Movie maker. It is easy, basically upload your stills and Video and slide them around to the order you want. Then go in and use the split tool in the edit tab to split sections you want to edit out. I have tried others but this one is so easy, I keep coming back to it. With this tool, watch how you publish your videos, I always publish to my PC and select HD option. Good Luck.

I use the same. Free and easy to use.

/ GoPro Camera #23  
Alright I couldn't resist taking a shot at defining firmware.. so I started to do that then decided I could not do that very well so I copied this for ya.

Firmware is a software program or set of instructions programmed on a hardware device. It provides the necessary instructions for how the device communicates with the other computer hardware. But how can software be programmed onto hardware? Good question. Firmware is typically stored in the flash ROM of a hardware device. While ROM is "read-only memory," flash ROM can be erased and rewritten because it is actually a type of flash memory.

Firmware can be thought of as "semi-permanent" since it remains the same unless it is updated by a firmware updater. You may need to update the firmware of certain devices, such as hard drives and video cards in order for them to work with a new operating system. CD and DVD drive manufacturers often make firmware updates available that allow the drives to read faster media. Sometimes manufacturers release firmware updates that simply make their devices work more efficiently.

You can usually find firmware updates by going to the "Support" or "Downloads" area of a manufacturer's website. Keeping your firmware up-to-date is often not necessary, but it is still a good idea. Just make sure that once you start a firmware updater, you let the update finish, because most devices will not function if their firmware is not recognized.

This describes it pretty well. (so did rogers brief explanation:) but maybe this longer one will help)

James K0UA

/ GoPro Camera #24  
The first thing I did was update the firmware, what ever the h*ll that is!
The first time I heard that phrase I thought it was "tight draws". My son explained what it was.. :laughing: -kid

/ GoPro Camera #25  
Thanks all/both/either...a semi-english translation is helpful. What a pain-in-the-balls.

/ GoPro Camera
So a little update.

I used the Windows Movie Maker to put together a short time lapse of driving the tractor down the road. It turned out good. I don't have a YouTube (been putting it off) so I can't share for now.

I've also shot a few others that I haven't edited yet. They were the clouds rolling over a field of cows, me driving fence posts and other stuff around the farm.

I'm probably doing something wrong but the battery life on this thing sucks. It seems like as soon as I get it turned on and set up (5 min max) the battery already shows 1/3 drain.

/ GoPro Camera #27  
I don't have a YouTube (been putting it off) so I can't share for now.

:mad: Take 1-5 minutes and set one up....or it didn't happen. :laughing:

I'm probably doing something wrong but the battery life on this thing sucks. It seems like as soon as I get it turned on and set up (5 min max) the battery already shows 1/3 drain.

Does the battery icon/thingy seem like it's reading true? Or maybe your battery is bad? :confused3: It does happen.

/ GoPro Camera #28  
I love my GoPro. Sound quality stinks but my GoPro 2 has a mic plug. I use a lavalier mic with a long cord to get good engine noise at the track. Here is my youtube channel:

George Barron - YouTube

There is at least one tractor related video.

/ GoPro Camera
Does the battery icon/thingy seem like it's reading true? Or maybe your battery is bad? :confused3: It does happen.

I missed this until now.

Youtube...yeah yeah, I'll set one up. I was going to the other day and "DT86" is taken for a user name. :( Not being very creative I just gave up then and there.

On a Youtube related side note... Today I found several videos on the laptop I shot with my iPhone 4S last summer, bush hogging and hay season, I need to edit and put up too.

As far as the battery meter goes I believe it to read true. I bought an extra battery and will try it soon. They also sell an extended battery ($$), so i guess the one it comes with is known to have a poor run time.

/ GoPro Camera