GoPro Camera

/ GoPro Camera #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
Hello all!

I have been looking for a camera that would stand up to life on the farm. I had been using my iPhone 4s in a Lifeproof case, but it wasn't doing everything I wanted.

Last week I settled on a GoPro Hero3 Black edition. It is a very cool camera with lots of accessories such as mounting brackets, has a waterproof housing and can be operated remotely using an iPhone app via its own wifi signal.

I've been playing around with it learning how it works. I now have the taking pictures, videos and time lapse shots part about figured out. What I'm struggling with is finding software to edit and upload this content. There are plenty of options but some of them are WAY over my head. So, does anyone have experience editing this stuff with a program that is idiot friendly?

image-838998293.jpg

image-3249035723.jpg

/ GoPro Camera #2  
I bought a MUVI camera. Very similar. I use it now for my still pictures and movies. It has a very wide field of vision. I mostly keep it mounted in my truck when not using it for other things. It records circular and with a power cord plugged in, it continuously records the last 3-4 hours of driving. I currently use it at 720 P 30 frames, though it will do 1080P 60 frames. I have used it in its waterproof case when raining out. Mine does not have WiFi but it does come with a remote control.

I use Windows Live Movie maker. It is easy, basically upload your stills and Video and slide them around to the order you want. Then go in and use the split tool in the edit tab to split sections you want to edit out. I have tried others but this one is so easy, I keep coming back to it. With this tool, watch how you publish your videos, I always publish to my PC and select HD option. Good Luck.

/ GoPro Camera
Thanks, I'll check it out!

/ GoPro Camera #4  
I don't even care if the thing works well or not (I'm sure it does/will), it just looks badazzz. :thumbsup:

/ GoPro Camera
I don't even care if the thing works well or not (I'm sure it does/will), it just looks badazzz. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah! Not only do they look bad-a they take amazing video. Scoot on over to YouTube and search for GoPro, there are tons of videos.

And they are tiny!

image-4208660399.jpg

/ GoPro Camera #6  
Wow, I didn't realize they were that compact, very cool.

/ GoPro Camera #7  
I really want a GoPro but I am to cheap to buy one:laughing:

If you are going to upload the videos do youtube you could use their editor. Whatever you choose to edit your videos with I am sure there are tons of tutorials on Youtube for it. I have adobe premier elements.

/ GoPro Camera #8  
I checked out amazon and there were a lot of negative reviews, I think mostly to do with the software/firmware (I don't even know what firmware is :D). Is this something that has been taken care of/fixed?

(not trying to be a killjoy, apologies)

/ GoPro Camera
I really want a GoPro but I am to cheap to buy one:laughing:

Well... I got my GF some 3/4k Diamond earrings for her birthday, so she didn't really have a choice. :thumbsup: