$136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES???

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #31  
Ford Hood shooter is doing fairly well too... $278,000 earned while setting in jail. Makes me sick!

mark

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #32  
One study put the SF Bay Area highest in terms of RN compensation nationwide.

Even with that... several groups are on strike as I write...

I know two Docs that now work as Nurses...

They said the choice was simple.

Working as a nurse they are no longer tied down to an office, being an employer and all the govermental compliance issues that go with being an employer... also no dealings with insurance companies trying to get paid for months after the services performed.

It was simple... as a Nurse they are still able to take care of people without much of the headaches... especially skyrocketing malpractice insurance premiums.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #33  
If you want to be shocked, ask an OBGYN how much he/she pays for malpractice insurance.

If you think the government has no business getting involved with healthcare, just look at what the insurance companies have done to the system. Medical services have been commoditized by the insurance companies.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #34  
If you want to be shocked, ask an OBGYN how much he/she pays for malpractice insurance.

If you think the government has no business getting involved with health care, just look at what the insurance companies have done to the system. Medical services have been commoditized by the insurance companies.

The thing is I grew up in a family without Health Insurance... later, when I was in college my parents did buy catastrophic hospital insurance and I bought my own plan a little later.

We always paid our bills and every Doctor took payments... all you had to do was ask.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #35  
Who thinks $136,000 is too much to pay a nurse? Also think of how many welfare bums are living off her income tax deductions?

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #36  
Everything is in context...

Not every nurse makes this kind of money... some make more.

Many factors contribute to the high cost of Healthcare...

Many of the older Nurses I work with have 2 year degrees and one challenged the board as a military corpsman and they all are California RN's

To answer your question... I would guess it all depends on who is paying.

Mom is a retired RN in 1998 and was earning $34 an hour or about 68k with no retirement... in 10 years the going rate nearly doubled.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #37  
And, the cost of living in the Bay Area ain't cheap.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #38  
   / $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #39  

If you think the government has no business getting involved with healthcare, just look at what the insurance companies have done to the system. Medical services have been commoditized by the insurance companies.

You have it backwards. Government regulations and frivolous lawsuits have ruined Healthcare and caused the insurance companies to increase premiums to stay in business. As Obamacare continues to come online, watch prices increase, services decrease and waiting times to increase. The hospital that my girlfriend works at has lost millions in Medicare and Medicaid already, and it's expected to get a lot worse. The hospital is cutting staff and services. They will not lose money, so they will charge more and offer less because of government regulations.

Eddie

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #40  
Insurance companies raise premiums at every opportunity and use all available excuses. That was going on long before we even knew the name *****, and continues today.