Snowplowing Pics

/ Snowplowing Pics #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Here are some pics of a road we plow that is about a mile long. The bottm pic is about 3/4 of a mile in. These pics were taken during the New Years Day storm. The truck is a F-350 4x4 dually with a 460 gas automatic. The wrecker body is a Jarr-Dan, with (2) 8000lb winches, extenable winch boom which can be raised to all most vertical, and a 3000lb wheel lift. The plow is a 9FT Fisher. BTW, this is the truck I posted on with the brake trouble. We have plowed this drive 4 times since these pics were taken on New Years Day. We haven't even gotten to our snowiest month yet (March)/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif.

Derek

Attachments

• 6-28517-road.JPG
    6-28517-road.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 198
   / Snowplowing Pics #2  
Derek great pics. Something I've been wondering is how are the brakes holding up? I could see why you want the Ford straight axle after seeing the fisher hanging off the front. Add a set of Pro wings and you could really cut a wide slot in all that snow.
Gordon

/ Snowplowing Pics #3  
Rowski,

I can only wish for such a snow fall down here. Just think, no bills for 2 months!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill Cook

/ Snowplowing Pics
The brakes seem to be ok. They are not where I would like them. What I did was to adjust the rear brakes up, just before you hear the shoes start to drag and leave it with that. Normaly one wouldn't adjust them that tight but it seems to help. The plow weighs about a 1000lb. and hangs out 4ft from the axle. I have seen the prowings but 9ft blade full of snow and the truck runs out of traction (dual wheels). See attachment for something similar to the prowings. We use this to cut back the side banks, work well for side banks next to ditches. The plow was not designed to handle this wing but being gentle and using it before a thaw it works pretty well. I'm working on similar a setup for the tractor. I'll post pics if I ever get it done /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif.

Derek

/ Snowplowing Pics #5  
Derek,
Looks like you need a wing attachment before March snows arrives. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Ever get caught in a white out while plowing the back roads.

I guess you don't get stuck and pulling out those Humdingers don't look like much of a problem for you.

Great looking setup,and if I had to set 12 plus hours behind the wheel as you have to I to would want to go in style, /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gifand I don't dare to ask how much you have invested w/ that setup /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Looks like you be out again today plowing your route.

Stay safe and take care over there.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snowplowing Pics
OOPS!

Forgot the attachment!

Derek

Attachments

• 6-28565-wing.JPG
    6-28565-wing.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 173
   / Snowplowing Pics #7  
Darn good idea for some winging. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snowplowing Pics #8  
Derek, I like that idea for the tractor. I had plans to use a 7ft rear blade fully offset to one side on my 4100 to try and cut banks back. It would have reached out past the rear tire 30". Never got to try though. The idea was shot down by by a long time Deere service tech so I didn't follow thru with it. He told I would only spinout sideways when I hooked up with the snow bank. Seems that a 2120 would be up for the task. Work like a mini road grader. What's your GVW?

/ Snowplowing Pics
DFB

If you took little "bites" of the snow bank it would work. I agree that every equipment has its limit but some times smaller equipment can do it, just a little slower. You may have to make 4 or 5 passes compared one or two passes with a larger tractor. I hope to have mine done in a few weeks. I have been told the 2120 is to small too. But again a few more passes and it should work. The wrecker will spin out side ways too if the snow is to much. Also going up drives I will have to make 3 to 4 passes to get it done. Down hill I have more momentum and can do it in a couple of passes.

2120 GVW
tractor 3800
loader 1200
snowplow 300
cab 300
loaded tires 800
rear ballast 1200

TOTAL 7600 lbs.

Will have chains on rear tires

Derek