Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
I can open my messages in the inbox, however, when I try to reply or forward or create a new message, I get this message: "There was a error opening this message, An error has occurred". If I try to open my address book, I get this message: "The address book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured, Please re-install". I am running Windows XP. Any help would be appreciated. Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #2  
For starters...try "logging off" of whatever Windows account you are using and log back in and see what happens with OE...

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem
Still have the same problem. Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #4  
Outlook Express has a finite limit of stored messages - like 1500 or so. Bad things happen if you exceed.

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #6  
Outlook Express has a finite limit of stored messages - like 1500 or so. Bad things happen if you exceed.

Agree...deleting the messages in the three main folders (inbox,deleted and sent) may work...you may have to re-start OE and or the computer....

Another option is to locate the ".dbx" databases for said folders...they can me renamed or moved to another location to save the messages...they can be opened with this tool DBX Extract tool, Outlook Express dbx extract software, dbx recovery software, Outlook Express extraction, dbxtract, extract dbx files...

OE will create the new .dbx files...

Is there more than one (Windows) user account on the machine?...you can try logging into another account and see if you have the same issue...or create a new user account and log into it...you will get a "new" desktop like a new computer and you will have to set up OE like a new user...you can possibly export the .iaf file (save it on a thumb drive or a common folder) before logging off the current user interface... and import into the new user OE...this will import your mail server data...

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem
I have over 10,000 messages in my sent file. Is there a fast way to delete those to see if that may help? Ken Sweet

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #8  
Hi Ken, I had the same problem. I googled the problem and was able to send a message to outlook support.
They fixed the problem for me in a couple of hours after I reported the problem.

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #9  
You can just delete the sent file if you want to quickly rid yourself of those messages. OE will recreate an empty one.

/ Can Anyone Help with Outlook Express Problem #10  
I have over 10,000 messages in my sent file. Is there a fast way to delete those to see if that may help? Ken Sweet

Yes, just delete the Sent Items.dbx file...to find it open OE and click on Tools> Options> Maintenance tab...click on the "Store Folder" button and copy the path...then paste the path into an explorer window address bar and open the folder then delete the "Sent Items.dbx" file...OE will create a new (empty) sent.dbx file...