Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Default Re: belkin 54g config can't config to network, windows sees it fine?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    This is a reason why I NEVER install the connection software for a wireless card on any computer with XP or newer... The built in Windows utility works better and doesn't clutter up the system.

Aaron Z
    Exactly!

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: belkin 54g config can't config to network, windows sees it fine?!?!?!?!

i'll deffinately skip bundled connection software from now on after this..
    souNdguy

sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

I allow windows to control the network cards, but use TP Links software to monitor them. Give a lot more info..

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

Quote Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
    Well, there are things that are "hard" to add or change, especially if you want to keep the rest of the product intact while doing so. It's amazing how much you can screw up by just changing one or two lines of code in an app.
    Yeah.... wasn't implying that if you are given the keys to a compiler that you suddenly turn into a Master of the Universe/Time Lord

Back in the '90s I was having a chat with a senior wizard at Xilinx..... his vision at the time was what became known as Software Defined Radio (SDRs). As this is a Comms thread, that came to mind as an illustration of what I was alluding to..... that complex iterations/modifications/enhancements are relatively so much easier to do in Software as opposed to most forms of traditional electronic hardware design.

You're talking about doing fast Software mods properly and reliably...... as with any form of Engineering, getting past 5 nines is non-trivial, at least quickly.

The software complexity in the Audi example still staggers me - I've done enough low level coding in days past to appreciate what is being pulled off. I remember reading a comment from Yourdon back when Star Wars (the real deal, not Lucas's stuff) was being promoted - quoting loosely "Given the 100's of thousands of lines of code that will be controlling these space systems, is it any wonder that those of us who stay awake at night convincing ourselves that 100 (one hundred) lines of code are totally bulletproof are now worried ? ".

I've done both..... generally, modifying Software is faster/easier to do than modding Hardware - for an equivalent functional change. Doing it well, I agree, is another matter

Rgds, D.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by 3930dave View Post
    Yeah.... wasn't implying that if you are given the keys to a compiler that you suddenly turn into a Master of the Universe/Time Lord

Back in the '90s I was having a chat with a senior wizard at Xilinx..... his vision at the time was what became known as Software Defined Radio (SDRs). As this is a Comms thread, that came to mind as an illustration of what I was alluding to..... that complex iterations/modifications/enhancements are relatively so much easier to do in Software as opposed to most forms of traditional electronic hardware design.

You're talking about doing fast Software mods properly and reliably...... as with any form of Engineering, getting past 5 nines is non-trivial, at least quickly.

The software complexity in the Audi example still staggers me - I've done enough low level coding in days past to appreciate what is being pulled off. I remember reading a comment from Yourdon back when Star Wars (the real deal, not Lucas's stuff) was being promoted - quoting loosely "Given the 100's of thousands of lines of code that will be controlling these space systems, is it any wonder that those of us who stay awake at night convincing ourselves that 100 (one hundred) lines of code are totally bulletproof are now worried ? ".

I've done both..... generally, modifying Software is faster/easier to do than modding Hardware - for an equivalent functional change. Doing it well, I agree, is another matter

Rgds, D.
    Oh yes, changing software is 1000 times easier than changing hardware. How many recalls have we seen on cars where it's just a reprogram of the computer. It's amazing what software has done for us to make our lives easier. Heck, even my TV and DVD player download software updates automatically from the internet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123