Breaking News

/ Breaking News #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Capt Crunch is only a Commander. Loved the stuff as a kid and read the front/side/back of the box while eating. After a 21 year Navy career... he was only a three stripper, not four.

mark

/ Breaking News #2  
After that long a career, in the End, was he still not a "Squid"? :D Perhaps he had too many confrontations with the Shore Patrol?

/ Breaking News #3  
I blame Jean LaFoote.
lafoote.jpg

/ Breaking News #4  
mjarrels said:
Capt Crunch is only a Commander. Loved the stuff as a kid and read the front/side/back of the box while eating. After a 21 year Navy career... he was only a three stripper, not four.

mark

Do you listen to walton and johnson? They were talking about this today.

/ Breaking News #5  
You don't have to be an O6 to be the captain of a ship. The officer who has ultimate command of the vessel is its captain no matter what rank they hold. Maybe Captain Crunch was a tugboat captain. :D

/ Breaking News #6  
You don't have to be an O6 to be the captain of a ship. The officer who has ultimate command of the vessel is its captain no matter what rank they hold. Maybe Captain Crunch was a tugboat captain. :D

I'm in the merchant marines, and as far as most of us are concerned, being called Captain Crunch is about the worst nickname you can get, it's indicative of your past "groundings", CCRRRUUUUNCH! :D
If I ever earn the name Captain Crunch, it's time to hang up my hat ;)

/ Breaking News #7  
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The story about Captain Crunch having three stripes showed up in the Wall Street Journal this morning! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

They did miss the point, that the CO of a ship is the Captain regardless of rank. :D:D:D

I think that the Marine detachment CO on a ship was also called Captain regardless of rank... Course this was when Marines where part of a ships crew. But that ended around 2000ish?

Later,
Dan