Royal Baby Watch

/ Royal Baby Watch #2  
   / Royal Baby Watch #4  
We need to follow australua and ditch the monarchy!! I could care less!!

People have babies every day, why are they not on the news ?

/ Royal Baby Watch #6  
Let's try this one.......periwinkles for everybody......this baby watch is just so exciting!!!!:laughing:

/ Royal Baby Watch #8  

Sadly we (Australia) havent 'ditched the monarchy.' Theoretically the queen is still our head of state, although technically our Governor General (chosen by the Parliament) is the highest authority. That said, the roles are purely ceremonial and its still our Prime Minister who actually calls the shots.

Even more galling is that we still have a Union Jack in the corner on our flag.

(Correction. Its not correct to say the Governor General's role is 'purely ceremonial'. At a time of crisis when the two ruling parties are terminally deadlocked and the Parliament is unable to function, the GG has to act as a 'tie breaker'. It happened once about 30 years ago.)

/ Royal Baby Watch #9  
Sadly we (Australia) havent 'ditched the monarchy.' Theoretically the queen is still our head of state, although technically our Governor General (chosen by the Parliament) is the highest authority. That said, the roles are purely ceremonial and its still our Prime Minister who actually calls the shots.

Even more galling is that we still have a Union Jack in the corner on our flag.

(Correction. Its not correct to say the Governor General's role is 'purely ceremonial'. At a time of crisis when the two ruling parties are terminally deadlocked and the Parliament is unable to function, the GG has to act as a 'tie breaker'. It happened once about 30 years ago.)

I am be wrong but is not the Governor General the Queens representative in Australia and has such has to bow to the wishes of the Queen is she gives an order. It caused such a fuss when the GG made the call 30 years ago it is still a hotly debated subject in Australia.

/ Royal Baby Watch #10  

Hey you are better off than we are....You are a Republic....You even have your own flag....We still got the Bowes-Lyon family to tug a forelock to.

(explanation of Forelock tugging......showing too much respect towards someone who is in or thinks they are in a high position )