Young hawk

/ Young hawk #1  

DanCT

Tractor
Case DX35
I was walking in my field this morning (thinking about how I should mow it again - see this is tractor related!) and a young redtail hawk landed about 50' away. I was able to get a little closer without spooking him and took a picture.

Attachments

• 314297-P9090038.jpg
    314297-P9090038.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 195
   / Young hawk #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was able to get a little closer without spooking him and took a picture. )</font>

Get a LITTLE closer!? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wow! Great picture. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Did you REALLY get that close, or did you use some kind of special lens? If you did get that close, that hawk wants to be your pet! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Young hawk
Golfgar, I actually got within about 15' of him but my camera (olympus 700 ultra zoom) has a 10x optical zoom with the possibility of closer zooms digitally. It makes a good camera for wildlife pics.

/ Young hawk #4  
Thats a great photo ! They are very interesting animals. I have a bear I want to get a photo of but he refuses to cooperate. Saturday I caught him eatin Blackerrys but He runs as soon as he sees me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif dave

/ Young hawk #5  
We had a visitor today! The wife said it flew into the bathroom window and hit it really hard ( she thought it was broke for sure). The picture looks a little funny cause she took it through the screen door. He (she?) was ok, flew away in a few minutes!

Last edited: