Intimidating Drivers

/ Intimidating Drivers #1  

troutsqueezer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
It's interesting, when I drive the wife's Prius, I noticed that some folks who are driving in much larger vehicles, usually with over-sized tires, tend to tailgate me, pass unsafely and generally try to intimidate, using the size of their vehicle as a weapon. I don't get this behavior much when I drive my truck. Now, I'm going to generalize here, I'm aware: Sometimes, after something like this happens, the other driver and I will happen be headed to the same destination and when we each get out of our vehicles I can't help but notice that the other driver tends to be on the small side, physically. Rarely does this happen with big people in big trucks. I think perhaps they don't have self-image problems nearly as much, or at least don't use their vehicles to make up for their small size. I'm guessing they buy those big trucks to actually haul something big. I'm 6'2" at 220 lbs. and I sense that the other driver is sometimes a little surprised that the person they just tried to intimidate is not the person they envisioned driving a smaller car so they avoid eye contact at all costs. I'm not the type of person who intimidates others, the opposite in fact, but sometimes I would like to pick them up by the collar and say, "Hey, do you feel like intimidating me now, Punk?" :laughing:

/ Intimidating Drivers #2  
When you are in Prius everything seems big and close like they are tailgating. LOL. Have you heard of big car little car rule?

HS

/ Intimidating Drivers
When you are in Prius everything seems big and close like they are tailgating. LOL. Have you heard of big car little car rule?

HS

Yes, I think so.... "The size of one's uhhh... Little finger is inversely proportional to the size of the car they drive." That's the one, no? :D

/ Intimidating Drivers #4  
Sometimes we just see what we expect to see.

/ Intimidating Drivers #5  
I think everyone drives at an unsafe distance from me. I think that improved technology has changed people's opinions on what is "safe". It was once recommended one car length for every 10mph. That is an invitation for being cut off now. I realize that it's me and everyone else is changing.

/ Intimidating Drivers #7  
Hey, I hear ya Trout. That is one of the reasons I quit drinking in taverns 20 years ago. Sometimes the smallest guy in the room would be half drunk or more and trolling the bar looking for a fight trying to prove a point.

/ Intimidating Drivers #8  
It seems to me with all the Prius drivers up here, which has the most in the state of VA, that evryone of them are more interested in maxing out their mpg than in actually getting somewhere. Coupled with the perceived political leanings of Prius drivers and their ability to pay $,000s more for a car like the Prius may create a sense of resentment in some people.

/ Intimidating Drivers #9  
Did you ever notice (I have) that most Prius drivers don't want to follow a larger vehicle and will often pass, cut back in way too soon and then slow down? I wish I had kept track in a log but I am guessing well over 80% Prius drivers are out to prove something based on their poor driving habits at least, but not sure what... It amuses me now (better than getting mad) when they pass me and then slow down... wonder if they are telling their friends that they get tailgated...

/ Intimidating Drivers #10  
I just have five words to say, Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden.