Author Tom Clancey Dies

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #1  

Dozernut

Veteran Member
Tractor
ZD1211, RTV900, LX2610SU and a SVL65 CTL
One of my favorite authors, Tom Clancy, passed away yesterday, he will be missed. R.I.P. Mr. Clancy!

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #2  
Wow, at a young age of 66 too. He no doubt changed the fictional world with Jack Ryan and company.

I have a couple of his later novels in my library on the "rainy weekend" shelf. Thinking they might get moved to the front of the line now.

R.I.P. Sir!

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #3  
He was a darned good writer. I've read ever book he wrote, but never really got into the NetForce stuff that he co-authored.

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #4  
We also lost Robert Parker this year. He wrote the Spencer series.

I'm getting old, my favorite announcer (Jack Buck) is long gone, now my favorite
authors are fading away. Heck, I even miss the old, top of the hour CBS radio reporters.
Anyone remember Christopher Glenn?

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #5  
Sad to hear that he is gone, esp. at what today is a young age.

He is my favourite modern era technical/conflict author.

Rgds, D.

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #6  
I loved his books. One of the best of todays authors, he will be missed. Unfortunately many of my favorite authors are getting up in age so I expect to see a few more obits in a few years.

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #7  
I have never read a book of his, but heard many good things about his writing.

Rest In Peace.

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #8  
He was a great writer I have a few books of his 'jack ryan' series that I enjoy reading over and over.-

In his recent books have been written by a co-writer.. Wonder if the family will allow the co-writer will put out books with the same characters? The family of Robert Ludlum (bourne identity series) picked eric van-lustbader to continue on writing Bourne books..

brian

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #9  
He was a darned good writer. I've read ever book he wrote, but never really got into the NetForce stuff that he co-authored.

All those co-authored series read as if it were a computer program. Not at all up to his talent. I only read a few of them and gave up on them.

Harry K

/ Author Tom Clancey Dies #10  
Tom Clancy certainly died too young. He was my age. Such unexpected deaths seem most often to be related to heart attacks, strokes, or aneurysms, though pulmonary embolisms can also be fatal. I hope we find out soon what took Tom. He was very talented and will be missed.