Game Cameras - Poor Quality???

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #1  

My442

I need to vent here.

I have had 3 Bushnell Game Cameras fail in a row.

Camera #1 lasted 5 months and died.

Cameras #2 & 3 both ate a set of 8 lithium batteries in a week, where they claim a one year battery life.

So, I decided to switch brands and bought a Cuddyback....it was DOA of the package.

So, 4 failed game cameras in a row.......:thumbdown:

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #2  
Total opposite of my experience with Bushnell(M8).I have had two for two years with great results and battery life.I had a real problem with Wildgame Innovation cameras(junk).We found Cuddybacks to be over priced and poor customer support.If needed I would purchase another Bushnell.

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #3  
I forget the manufacturer of my game camera. I'll check it out tonight when I get home.
Still, all I've ever had to do is put 4 fresh C-cell batteries in it each year.

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #4  
I have a Stealth Cam 1540IR and it's reliability suffers also. It worked fine for the first year before
it failed. The problem was a failed IR sensor. I replaced the sensor since Stealth Cam wouldn't.
It worked fine for another 6 months before becoming intermittent. Looks like another IR sensor failure.
All of the other functions work fine but it doesn't sense motion any more.

If you want the ultimate in reliability, you might try a Reconyx HC500 camera. They're a little pricey,
but probably worth the extra cost.

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #5  
I've had a Wild Game Innovations camera since Christmas. While it works well and has decent battery life, the quality of the pics are not good. And it's a 5 Megapixel camera!

So, I went with a "home brew" from these folks (the12-ring.com) back in July. It has been amazing, with great quality pics, good battery life, and it doesn't miss a pic. Here are a couple examples of my pictures.

DSC00259.jpgDSC00230.jpgDSC00124.jpgDSC00102.jpgDSC00101.jpg

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #6  
I have had a Bushnell for several years with no problems. It's the bare bones model but the pictures are good, uses infra red at night...no flash, so the night pictures are gray scale but very clear. I haven't used it a lot but I am pleased with it and I would buy another. Seems to me it didn't cost much although I don't remember what I paid for it...around a 100$???
Perhaps you have extreme conditions? or maybe just some bad luck... I suggest you add some info regarding your location.....at least tell us what country you are in.... a state maybe?

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #7  
I only use Moultrie cams or deer feeder and in fact a few days ago took down 4 cams to replace the batteries and clean the lens. I get great photo's and videos from them but my only problem is I hide them to darn good it sometimes takes me 30 to 60 minutes just to find one cam. When I set my cams up I make sure the wife and daughter is not home and I overlap the field of view to where I can cover another cam so if a poacher tries to mess with a cam I get a photo.

/ Game Cameras - Poor Quality??? #8  
I have 12 cams, many types, most are Moultrie but various models. Small forms are hit and miss, had two (M80/XT80) were replaced under warranty so far. They take good pictures, can be upgraded over the web and are easy on AA batts. I have two Moultrie I-45s that run well, take ok/good pictures and cheap to run on D cells, one other much older model but LCD screen is gone, uses D cells but they fit in through side, hard to get SD card out. IR 5 and IR 7 from Spypoints, are not bad, I like the recharge batts but they are extra, also have an older model that eats C cells. One Stealth, below average and eats C cells, One wildgame with recharge batt, works good but must remove 6v batt from case to charge using special charger. I also have an older version of a plot watcher, very hard on AA batts and fills small capacity SD card quickly. My cams are almost always out.