What two women can do...wow!

/ What two women can do...wow! #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Hi,

This is kind of a related topic, as we all sometimes want to build something for/with our tractors...

Next time you think your project might be a little too much for your old bones...remember what these girls are doing!

A 43 foot steel hulled sail boat from scratch!

I must admit I did not have the endurance to read it all...but I bet I read over 50% word for word and picture for picture.

Impressive!

Oh! Here is the link...

Two women, some steel sheet, a welder and lots of energy...

/ What two women can do...wow! #2  
Very impressive. I like their attitude to DO before it is to late.
Wish I had some of their skills.
PJ

/ What two women can do...wow! #3  
Can't help but wonder if they really know what they are up to. It probably weighs 500,000 lbs!

Looks cool. Can't wit to see them on incredible rescues! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ What two women can do...wow! #4  
Back a few years ago most of the welding on Liberty Ships was done by women.

Egon

/ What two women can do...wow! #5  
I wonder where all those liberty ships are now? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What two women can do...wow! #6  
This is downright incredible. I sent it to some sailing friends of mine. I envy what these ladies have chosen to tackle. Wonder what our welding buddy Wroughtnharv has to say about it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What two women can do...wow! #7  
Didn't they have a tendency to split in half during rough seas? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Actually I think it was a design flaw, not the welding).

/ What two women can do...wow! #8  
Liberty ships that workd the North Atlantic where the cold caused the welded ships to get brittle and not give enough, they fixed them with a steel band down the sides of the ship that was riveted together to hold it and allow giving

/ What two women can do...wow! #9  
There's plenty of Liberty ships around scattered on the ocean floor. There's one in the SE corner of Cape Cod Bay that used to be used for target practice (SS James Longstreet).

http://www.armed-guard.com/longst.html

/ What two women can do...wow! #10  
Were these the ships that split open because the cargo hatches had square corners that caused high stresses. I believe this design flaw (not a fabrication flaw) was corrected by actually removing additional material by enlarging the cargo hatches so that they could round the corners. Weird to think that something could be made stronger by removing material, but it's true. They had the same problem in some early airplanes. That's why windows in airplanes never have sqaure corners.