Interesting English Discovery

/ Interesting English Discovery #23  
I'm betting he was pretty hungry too; although I love them fried and in stew.

I don't recall seeing any oyster knives in any prehistoric tool collections. I bet they ate them grilled or steamed.

Larro

/ Interesting English Discovery #24  
I don't recall seeing any oyster knives in any prehistoric tool collections. I bet they ate them grilled or steamed.

Larro

I don't think the hunting/gathering economy placed a big emphasis on elaborate kitchens; most likely, they ate a lot of them on the spot raw...although Archaeologists have found these big shell piles in or near prehistoric sites, which would indicate they were all sitting around shucking oysters and drinking Bud Lite. But you're correct; Scientists tell us that the human brain, jaw, teeth and digestive system could not have evolved to its present state but for the fact that very early humans learned to cook their food. One thing for sure, those living near the water ate oysters...and a lot of them. I wonder if they invented Tabasco sauce?

/ Interesting English Discovery
I'm betting he was pretty hungry too; although I love them fried and in stew.

Now you're talking!! We overlook Willapa Bay.......best oysters in the world!!! Fried, baked, stew, shooters....all good!!!!!:thumbsup:

/ Interesting English Discovery #26  
Now you're talking!! We overlook Willapa Bay.......best oysters in the world!!! Fried, baked, stew, shooters....all good!!!!!:thumbsup:

I used to eat oysters raw...they are good that way, although not exceptional. My first bout with bad raw oysters nearly took them from my list of favorite foods, but I thought that anyone can get a bad meal, oysters or whatever. The second bout was in Las Vegas...I ate at a fancy so-called French restaurant there; that bout with bad raw oysters did it up for me. I will skip the description, but it wasn't pretty...so I'm content with an occasional plate of fried oysters. You folks who live near the coast and can get fresh seafood are very lucky. The stuff we get here tends to be a bit to aged for my taste.

/ Interesting English Discovery
I used to eat oysters raw...they are good that way, although not exceptional. My first bout with bad raw oysters nearly took them from my list of favorite foods, but I thought that anyone can get a bad meal, oysters or whatever. The second bout was in Las Vegas...I ate at a fancy so-called French restaurant there; that bout with bad raw oysters did it up for me. I will skip the description, but it wasn't pretty...so I'm content with an occasional plate of fried oysters. You folks who live near the coast and can get fresh seafood are very lucky. The stuff we get here tends to be a bit to aged for my taste.

Agree.......you don't want a bad oyster. We are lucky.......I eat oysters that came out of the bay within the past 6 to 20 hrs.......about as fresh as they come unless I walk out on the mud and harvest then myself. We also eat a lot of razor clams........those we do dig ourselfs. Gooood!!!!

/ Interesting English Discovery #28  
Agree.......you don't want a bad oyster. We are lucky.......I eat oysters that came out of the bay within the past 6 to 20 hrs.......about as fresh as they come unless I walk out on the mud and harvest then myself. We also eat a lot of razor clams........those we do dig ourselfs. Gooood!!!!

I have always ate local oysters from Apalachicola Bay Florida. But the oysters are having a rough go of it lately. The water wars between Fl, Ga and Al have reduced water flow to the point the NOAA has declared the bay a fishery disaster area. There was a 60% drop in this year's harvest. I haven't bought a bag this year, so I don't know what they are bringing, but I'm sure the price is up.

Larro