Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions..

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #11  
I have had a pair of Sorels for over 20 years and they are nearly indestructible. Very warm and very comfortable.

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #12  
It gets that cold in Virginia?

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions..
It gets that cold in Virginia?

As compared to CT, Virginia weather is pretty warm i bet LOL Im really looking for that compromise boot for hunting with walking and still warm for stand hunting

brian

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #14  
I shouldn't talk, just got in from stand and it 58 here. Still had my mid weight winter boot on !

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #15  
Not quite what you are looking for but why not a pair of mucks.

Not quite what you are looking for but why not a pair of mucks.

2 years ago i did a lot of research and got a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burleys (800 gr) for Christmas - I also considered the Mucks and a one other brand.

BUT I got the boots in my normal size and they arent big enough to wear good thick socks with though (my mistake i was going for a tight fit for walking, not thinking about room for insulation). I can only get a liner sock on and still have enough room for my feet to breath.. I bought them after hearing rave reviews about pull on rubber boots, but this was my first pair and just dont care for pull ons.

I like my LLBean Maine Hunting Boot (bought in 1980's) and resoled 2x now - but wanted something warmer with a liner..

brian

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #17  
Fair enough I use to wear rubber boots while looking for the boots that would keep your feet warm no matter what. I have now switched to a leather boot with like 400 grams of insulation and with a good merino wool sock I am good and I have also invested in a pair of boot blankets or whatever they are called from cabelas. When my feet get cold I am done.

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #18  
BUT I got the boots in my normal size and they arent big enough to wear good thick socks with though (my mistake i was going for a tight fit for walking, not thinking about room for insulation). I can only get a liner sock on and still have enough room for my feet to breath..
brian

It's been a few years since I hunted (boy do I miss it) but I used to walk to the stand with regular socks on to keep my feet from sweating, then when I got there put a pair (or 2) of wool socks on before I climbed up the tree. I did this with all of my clothes really, would walk to the stand with minimal clothes to avoid working up a sweat. Nothing will make you colder than being all sweated up. It was a lot to carry, but I was young... I guess I still am in comparison to most of the guys here.

Fair enough I use to wear rubber boots while looking for the boots that would keep your feet warm no matter what. I have now switched to a leather boot with like 400 grams of insulation and with a good merino wool sock I am good and I have also invested in a pair of boot blankets or whatever they are called from cabelas. When my feet get cold I am done.

I also boot the Arctic Shield boot covers as well.. I wore them around the house with slippers and they kept my feet pretty warm (during the day the temps drop to like 66 in the house)

honestly my biggest mistake was not getting the boots large enough a a liner sock and a good thick merino wool sock.. But they will make good 'take the dog out' boots... lol

/ Hunting Boots - rubber bottoms suggestions.. #20  
I used to carry my heavy boots to the stand and then put them on. My feet would sweat and then you are done!