Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool

Seventeen year old Joe Bush got a high school assignment to make a video reproduction. He chose history as a theme and tucked it all into two minutes.

Take pictures from the internet, add the track Mind Heist by Zack Hemsey (from the movie Interception) and then you get something like this.

Hold on tight! Notre Histoire
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

Default Re: Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool

brin,
    I noticed he didn't include a picture of the big oak tree on the way to the creek and I know that has to be an important landmark in your area just as the Bopat farm is in my area.
    Otherwise its a good video.
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, County Line Middlebuster, Home built pine needle rake.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver1963 View Post
    brin,
    I noticed he didn't include a picture of the big oak tree on the way to the creek and I know that has to be an important landmark in your area just as the Bopat farm is in my area.
    Otherwise its a good video.
    LOL - You noticed that...I missed it...We should protest....
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Thanks Bob. I'm going to have watch it a couple times. Heck of an effort for a high school student. Can't imagine the image selection process.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Bob, thanks for posting.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

That was Excellant. A sustantial amount of Work and Research was definitely utilized leading to this video's completion. Truly Fantastic and Thought Provoking. I Tip My Hat to this Young Man. Sincere thanks for posting. I posted the Link on my Favorites.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

Extremely smart kid -bravo!
    Work hard to get it down - play like tomorrow may end!

Small Horse Farm: 12.5 acres: 2008 Kioti Dk 45SC with Cab, FEL, BH, 6' snow blower, 7' back blade, 7' box blade, 6' bush hog, 9"& 14" auger, 8' chain harrow, 4" chipper, sand spreader, 7' landscape rake, 3pt quick attach & coffee holder.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Didn't think much of it, I'd give him a C+.

HS

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott
    Didn't think much of it, I'd give him a C+. HS
    Fortunately, educators do not base their grades on whether they "like" something or not. I grade my students on whether they meet the requirements of an assignment rubric or not. Of course creativity always helps.

As someone who has taught HS History for 10 years, this is what I saw. The timeline from the Big Bang through evolution and the origin of the species was interesting. Virtually every major civilization from the emergent Fertile Crescent through the Romans and the birth of modern western civilizations were covered. The rise of nationalism, imperialism, and militarism was covered, as was the impact of popular culture. (I loved the depiction of the fall of the Berlin Wall...and David Hasselhoff thrown in as a joke). To close with climate change was a good touch. If the intent of the assignment was to provide a snapshot of the history of the world, using modern technology and 21st century learning skills, then this would be an A assignment. But that's just me.
    Bobcat CT225

...and not enough time to get everything I want to get done.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Guess that's the problem with history and what's being taught. Man made climate change is a political hoax, not history, not important. HS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast