LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
after having had a job and working since 1959, my current place of employment(32 years ) has closed the last of its operation in this area. today was my last day, and as i am 3 months short of 62 it is no problem for me as i will just slide into retirement i am so looking forward to doing things when i want and if i want without the thought of having to go to work. having never being out of a job, it does seem strange not to have one. how do u retired guys like it? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #2  
Frank,

First...my guess is that your last day of work was sometime last week... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This January I will have been without a job and happily retired for three years. The plant where I worked closed too... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif for many but /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif for me...

It doesn't get better than this!

I was worried about the couch patato syndrome, but for me it has not been an issue at all. I don't know how I ever got anything done when I had a "real" job.

Enjoy!

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #3  
Congratulations!

I thought that this was going to be a sad post (I guess it still is . . . a little), but I'm sure that you'll enjoy retirement.

I can't comment on what it feels like to be retired. I have over 27 years in the military, eligible for retirement, but still don't want to give it up.

For what it's worth, my life started out up in Buffalo, N.Y. many years ago (born at Erie County Hospital?), even though you wouldn't know it by my southern accent. I drove up to Buffalo 3 or 4 times during the 1990s to get to spend some time with & get to know a grandmother that I never knew while growing up. Seems like I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe during one of its celebrations (Grand Opening?); the place was packed.

Kelvin

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #4  
FRANK - Congratulations and best wishes on a healthy and happy retirement!!! You will love it. Each day is now for you to do what you and your loved ones want to do. Enjoy!!!

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY
HENRO; NOT REALLY WORRIED about the couch potato thing, have always wanted to do some fine landscaping around the house, but never had the time, also i love doing things on computer, have just started to scan and edit old photos and burn them to cds, that in itself will take many hours, also i love photography and am getting a newer digital camera and plan to get get back to my wildlife shooting. need more hours yet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #6  
Congratulations on a change in your life style. You really are not changing anything other than not going to a set place each day. You will continue to worry about money, make a schedule work out, etc. etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I retired at age 58 when my company needed to downsize one manager. I was the only one eligible so I submitted my letter. What I have found so far (one month) I still wake up at 0430 to plan my day. We moved back to Montana so have not had any free time to worry about being bored. Still fret over the market or smile from ear to ear. Still go at a fast pace. Most of my relatives give me 6 months before I start climbing the walls and go back to work. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
PJ

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #7  
Lost my job almost five years ago, bought some commercial rental property which requires almost no time to manage, play the stock market, working on the place where we plan to build, now this year we started to sell at the farmers market. Have less available time than I used to have, but what I do is what I want to do and when I want to do it.

Guess that retirement is just a state of mind.

Enjoy it, life is to short to be working all of the time.

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #8  
Congratulations on the retirement. My Father in law retired about 10 years ago and is now busier than he was when he was working. He does lots of lawn work for friends, relatives, clubs and volunteers for a few organizations, plus goes fishing once a week and now tries to keep up with my mother in law, who retired last year. They have a social calender that is always full. It is good to see them enjoy themselves.

I only have 27 years to go! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #9  
Congratulations!

A lot of us guys have to be THROWN out of work by plant closures, layoffs, etc., before we see there's another life out there, waiting to be lived. I'm excited for you, esp. after working since 1959.
I've been self-employed for many years, but next year I'm handing over management of the business to my 2 sons, and plan to spend a lot more time pushing dirt around with my tractor! I don't watch tv, except election returns ( I live in California!)

/ LAST DAY OF WORK TODAY #10  
I retired 18 years ago. I dont' see how I had time to work. I can't get all the things done now that I want to do. Seems like there just isn't enough hours in a day. Everytime I think I've about got things caught up, I find a lot more things to do. But yes, I enjoy not haveing to go to work and now I do the things I didn't have time for before. And you will find there are a lot of things you will want to do, that you didn't think about when working as you wouldn't have had time to do them anyway. Hope you enjoy retirement as much as I have. Good luck. Keep doing things and it will help keep your health good. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif