How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb?

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
I stole this from another forum that stole it from somewhere else, but here goes...

<font color="blue">How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb.

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
... another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

27 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a search on 'light bulbs' before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and to start it all over again. </font>

Isn't it amazing the way this forum is so much better than most? I think it's a great tribute to not only the members here and to the all of the wonderful folks who run this as well. This board is what I always thought the internet could be but never was before I found TBN.

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #2  
This is a GREAT board that has been really helpful to me(many of the people here have even met one another in "real life" too!), but there's one on this board that you forgot...

...and 16 to say, "I sent you a private message about light bulbs."

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #4  
WHATS A LIGHT BULB? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #5  
3 people to explain the economy behind the manufacturing and marketing of a light bulb.

4 people to complain about how all light bulbs are now manufactured overseas.

2 people to blame the current administration for the sad state of light bulbs.

5 people to point out that one brand of light bulbs are the best and if anyone buys any other brand they are wasting their money.

Finally, 1 person who composes a reply that consists of quoting every previous reply, then refuting every other opinion.

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #6  
And, one person to discover that the lamp was unplugged, and the bulb didn't need to be changed.

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #7  
Finally, 1 person who composes a reply that consists of quoting every previous reply, then refuting every other opinion.

That person right there really gets my neck up. I ran into that guy at a political forum. He took every single SENTENCE I wrote, quoted it and responded to it. If he'd abeen handy I likely woulda smacked him. I had to settle for telling him to get a life and never goin' back. Some days I can't control myself. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #8  
<font color="blue"> That person right there really gets my neck up. </font>

Isn't the phrase usually, "gets my back up"?

<font color="blue"> I ran into that guy at a political forum. </font>

You don't mean you ran into him literally, do you? Hard to do in cyberspace...

<font color="blue"> He took every single SENTENCE I wrote, quoted it and responded to it. </font>

If you're going to do a job, might as well do a complete job.

<font color="blue"> If he'd abeen handy I likely woulda smacked him. </font>

Violence never solved anything.

<font color="blue"> I had to settle for telling him to get a life and never goin' back. </font>

Probably didn't have any effect

<font color="blue"> Some days I can't control myself. </font>

Me, neither.

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #9  
1 person to ask how to reduce the resolution of their digital picture because they want to post a picture of their new light bulb!

/ How many TBNers does it take to change light bulb? #10  
Re: How many TBNers does it take to change light b

After the list has determined the correct answer, I'd like a follow up question:

Once the light bulb has been changed, can I drill a hole through the light bulb receptacle so that I can insert a set screw to keep the bulb from backing out without affecting the structural integrity of the ROPS (Receptacle Over Philament System) (yeah .... I know it's a stretch ... but I don't have the artistic imagination/flare that Cindi exhibits).

<grin>
Paul