Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #2  
Mine is OK....I can breathe easier! Thanks for posting.

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #3  
Already sent our stuff in and got our check in the mail last week. I think we paid $179 for it, but the MSRP was $299, so that is how much the check was for.

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #4  
Does any one know what was the defective part that caused the fires that resulted in the recall? Ours was on the recall so we took it out of service and sent in what they requested to be returned. Ours seemed to be working alright but I wouldn't want to take a chance on it, not worth it.

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire
Mine is OK....I can breathe easier! Thanks for posting.

No problem. I did not know about it until a customer told me about it. It is hard to tell how much stuff a person may have that has been recalled.

Already sent our stuff in and got our check in the mail last week. I think we paid $179 for it, but the MSRP was $299, so that is how much the check was for.

I hope I get that much. Mine has not been working like it did when it was new so I had been thinking about a new one.

Does any one know what was the defective part that caused the fires that resulted in the recall? Ours was on the recall so we took it out of service and sent in what they requested to be returned. Ours seemed to be working alright but I wouldn't want to take a chance on it, not worth it.

I haven't heard what the defective part is.

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #6  
Jim do you have to send the whole unit back to them or just part of it?

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #7  

if it's the same 1 my MIL has. She said she just cut the plug off the power cord and sent it in. I'm not sure of the brand she has . I asked why she cut the plug off the cord , she said it was a recalled unit that could catch fire. Just talked to my MIL . She said her's is the soleus air

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #8  
Read about the recall in the local news a month ago, and according to the website my Fedders isn't one of the recalled models. THANK YOU for posting this, many people don't bother to register their dehumidifiers (me included) so they have no real way of learning about a recall unless someone gives them a heads up.

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire #9  

We just had to cut the cord off including the warning label on the cord - glad I hadn't removed that from the cord as I usually do. I hate those big tags. Then there was a sticker on the back with the model number on it. Had to remove that and stick it on a piece of paper that was included in the recall "kit." Ours was a Frigidaire 70 pint unit.

Now that we have the check in hand, I guess I can finally unhook the drain hose and toss the unit itself out. I hadn't done that because I wanted to make sure we actually got our check.

/ Dehumidifier Recall, they can catch on fire
We just had to cut the cord off including the warning label on the cord - glad I hadn't removed that from the cord as I usually do. I hate those big tags. Then there was a sticker on the back with the model number on it. Had to remove that and stick it on a piece of paper that was included in the recall "kit." Ours was a Frigidaire 70 pint unit.

Now that we have the check in hand, I guess I can finally unhook the drain hose and toss the unit itself out. I hadn't done that because I wanted to make sure we actually got our check.

Mine is also a Frigidaire 70 pint.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet