Have you ever stolen powr?

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #82  
If you have decent internet, you can go VoIP - like Vonage, but thats expensive - and drop the landline. A very simple way is to use Walmarts 'BasicTalk' for $10 a month. Just plug and play. There are others out there like CallCentric or VoIP.MS, but they require you to bring your own adapter and require more fiddling.. they are cheaper though. I saved close to $40 a month by doing so.
My decent DSL is so slow the down load takes minutes and then if watching a program like Fox News they all have "hick ups" followed by bars showing the down load link for 1-3 minutes forget why opened browser by time it gets downloaded.
The only advantage is G-kids think there in a twilight zone. Standing on a large rock waving the cell phone in the air . Then having the walk to top of the hill to make a call.
And they don't understand why there phone is always searching and drinking the juice out of the battery.

Speaking of stealing power. living in Pine Bluff and local power co. received a call from irate customer that had used a butcher knife to try to pull the meter after the meter reader had taken readings. to put other meter back on for the month. but stuck the knife to far and welded it to housing giving her a huge shock. before the line fuse exploded over head. she wanted payment for the knife damage.
The estimated power used billed her exceeded her monthly draw on the "magic card" provided by kind hearted citizens of the state.
ken

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #83  
OMG, I took a sip of water at the water fountain during a high school basketball game. I did not have permission. Am I going to get arrested?

Oh and I was warmed by the heat from the school's HVAC system, I feel so ashamed. I did not have permission.

Oh, and I used the restroom....... I didn't have permission. Oh and I used wifi.......

If the school doesn't want their incidental facilities being used, they should not mount outlets for people to use such as water, electricity, sewer, wifi, etc. It is entrapment.

That reasoning is getting pretty close to "She left her car window down so she must have wanted me to take he purse off of the seat", or "the house was unlocked so i just went in and took what i wanted"

If someones car is stolen and the keys were left in it the owner of the car is held resposible, thats a prime example of liberal logic.

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #84  
That reasoning is getting pretty close to "She left her car window down so she must have wanted me to take he purse off of the seat", or "the house was unlocked so i just went in and took what i wanted"

If someones car is stolen and the keys were left in it the owner of the car is held resposible, thats a prime example of liberal logic.
By liberal, you mean that you are being liberal in defining that as "logical". Not you as in you personally, but you as in the royal we. :laughing:

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #85  
Someone better tell the people in Alaska not to plug their block heaters in at the outlets in the parking lots, they might get arrested.

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #86  
Now you're all conflagrating what is community property and what is private property.

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #87  
I just think if a public entity places utilities in the public space they intend it for public use. I guarantee the guy's attorney would say that if he makes an issue of it.

If I toss a candy wrapper in a public garbage can, am I causing the public entity to spend money to empty the garbage? If they don't want their garbage cans or outlets used, don't put them there. Too much Gubbamint if you ask me. How much of our money did they spend putting outlets in they don't want used and how much public expense are they going through to prosecute the usage of that 5 cents of power? It is not like he wired his house up to the school's incoming power. And whatever happened to warnings, no revenue ?

Last edited:
   / Have you ever stolen powr? #88  
I never stole power. But I did provide a circuit for some spare electrons to be put to good use.

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #89  
I never stole power. But I did provide a circuit for some spare electrons to be put to good use.

The electrons flowed from one side of the circuit to the other on their own volition right?:D I mean after all just how do you make an electron do anything that it doesn't really want to do?

/ Have you ever stolen powr? #90  

And you made sure the outlet you used was full of electrons when you left it, right?