gift ideas for my grandson

/ gift ideas for my grandson #11  
I think Grandson needs a new ATV/UTV so Grandpa can ride him around in it!! Ken Sweet

/ gift ideas for my grandson #13  
I agree. A paid for College education is always a great gift

529's can be used for a variety of post-high school education. It's not limited to four-year degree programs.

It makes me angry to see how large universities spend money and the tuition rate increases always exceed inflation. Be that as it may, socking some away to take the sting out of the cost is a help.

A little here, a little there is better than nothing. Kids should earn some money too, but flipping burgers won't pay for college these days. I recently read a news story saying the average debt carried by a Maine student upon graduation is $29K.

/ gift ideas for my grandson #14  
529's can be used for a variety of post-high school education. It's not limited to four-year degree programs.

It makes me angry to see how large universities spend money and the tuition rate increases always exceed inflation. Be that as it may, socking some away to take the sting out of the cost is a help.

A little here, a little there is better than nothing. Kids should earn some money too, but flipping burgers won't pay for college these days. I recently read a news story saying the average debt carried by a Maine student upon graduation is $29K.

I agree!! FWIW, Tuition would not be so high if these institutions would not raise fees just to capture free government money floating around. Ken Sweet

/ gift ideas for my grandson #15  
I put 1 of my sons' through any my last son has 2 more yrs (4 yr degree). Paid for with a 529 plan. Me being able to pay for their education will relieve them of that burden. I'm glad I was able to do this for them. College tuition seems to rise every yr. A college education is out of reach for a lot of kids . Others will work for years B-4 loans are paid back

/ gift ideas for my grandson
looks like the boy doesn't have a cozy coupe. grandpa will buy him his first ride. a lot of good suggestions....the drums idea is a good one but there's a baby brother on the way and they would probably not appreciate the added noise at this point. the atv/utv idea was also good but a bit out of my budget. books. well when i was a kid i loved books and still do but i never got excited over getting one until i was a bit older. this kids dad is a lawyer and his mom is an editor so he's gonna be slammed (in a good way) with books and reading. 529 plans are good but also out of my budget.

/ gift ideas for my grandson #18  
Every little boy needs Tonka dump truck....or two.

/ gift ideas for my grandson
there's a lot of stuff (trucks etc) in my basement from my sons when they grew up. i need to go through it and see what's good enough to pass on to this boy. seems like in an instant my sons went from playing with trucks in the dirt to playing video games.