Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result?

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #11  
Nasal surgery is easy, Sinus surgery not so much.
Septum, Turbinates, polyps and such are on the nasal side.

If you want a good reaming, get the Sinus surgery. . . Or vote democrat

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #12  
Not sure what sinus surgery you are thinking about having but a coworker had some polyps removed years ago. The surgery helped him that is for sure. He said the polyps were huge which is kinda scary. He also mentioned the sinus being packed which hurt like heck when it was all pulled out.

Later,
Dan

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #13  
Yep, had it done twice, once in the 80's and again in early 2000. Both made a huge difference in breathing capability and reduced the severity of allergy attacks. Turbins & polyps can grow back, but I also have had my nose broken a few times between surgery's so another septum alignment was in order.

There are not many plus's about getting older, but most of us allergy sufferers find that our allergy symptoms become less and less as we age. This is true for me, but moving from the deep south and the pine pollen to this area of Tennessee that has a small pine population has made a big difference. Then only thing that kicks my nose now is Giant Ragweed and we have a'plenty.

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #14  
I've had it over 10 yrs ago, Don't remember it being very bad. Not sure it helped me a whole lot though.

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #15  
I had my nose broke and straightened and also had the sinus surgery about 9-10 years ago and it really helped. I have had much less problems with nasal congestion since then. Recovery was uncomfortable for 2-3 weeks but after that it was great. Before the surgery a CT of my head showed everything was totally plugged up.

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #16  
My Dad had surgery on his sinuses several decades ago. What I recall is his description of the surgery; peeled his face back to get access to the cavities. Problems with the anesthesia mix and he was not immobilized properly. He dreamed of Turkey hunting kinda like the Bugs Bunny cartoon where Elmer Fudd is overrun with rabbits. They kept coming and he had to resort to wringing their necks. The doctors had to bring in orderlies to keep him held to the table because he kept lunging and grasping at things around him during the surgery. Ended up working on him half hanging off the table. He said they pulled over two quart containers worth of pollups from his sinuses.

During the surgery a nerve in his upper lip was severed and did not get restored properly. He lived with the "after dentist" tingly numbness in his nose and mouth for 15 or so years before it became ignorable. One side of his nose was over sensitive to touch and he said it felt as if he were punched when anything brushed it for years. His sense of smell was so increased that he became intolerant of cologne, perfume and cigarette smoke. He could smell it on a person from 20 feet away.

The plusses; He could breathe. Prior to the surgery he had a choice of eating, smoking or breathing, but he could only do one at a time. Afterwards he could eat and breathe concurrently. He gave up cigars due to his newly acquired sense of smell.

/ Sinus surgery . Anyone here have it done? What was your experience/ result? #17  
Wow....my sense of smell for whatever reason is moderatly degraded....and I kinda like it that way:)