Looking for best cordless drill to purchase

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #11  
Here is a decent comparison chart based on torque. rpm speed, tool weight, battery amps and warranty.

18V Cordless Drill Review and Ratings

I take most of the reviews on amazon or Home Depot with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #12  
I have that 18 volt Ryobi impact too and let me tell you that thing is the cats meow for driving big deck screws and disassembly of machine nuts and bolts. I share the batteries across several Ryobi tools

Yeah, the impact drivers are great. I don't know how I got along all those years without it. I worked many summers as a carpenter, driving screws with drills (corded in the old days). The impact drivers are so much more efficient, and no stripping out heads and bits.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #13  
   / Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #14  
Makita 18 volt with lithium batterys buy the kit make sure to get the impact driver too youll never touch a screw with a drill again

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #15  
Hard to argue with a lifetime warranty that includes batteries.

Looks like Hitachi or Ridgid...or Ryobi...we are waiting in suspense what the answer will be...

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #16  
   / Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #17  
...I am looking for a new cordless drill as my last one has lasted over ten years with some pretty good use...

You didn't say what brand it was but for a lower end tool 10 years is pretty good...what is the matter with the one you have?

I'm am back to using a 20+ year old 12V Dewalt that I have gone back to after going through multiple Ryobi (nicad) batteries and chargers...I'm currently shopping for for a LI battery drill...

Does anyone know if the Ryobi LI batteries/chargers will work with the +1 nicad tools ?

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #18  
I have Hilti branded cordless tools. Definitely not the cheapest, but the quality, features and tech specs place it amongst the best. I have the 18v model. They now offer a 22v set. The only negative I can mention is the overall weight / size. They are hefty hefty hefty, which is typical for Hilti. I do believe the heft equates to durability..so it's really not a negative.

Over the last couple of years, I have been buying my son a set of cordless tools, adding to it on birthdays and Christmas. For his purpose (college student beginning a career in the construction industry) I chose the Makita brand for him.

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #19  
One of the things with the Hitachi reviews :reading: it points out that to get light weight some of the gear transmission components are made of non-metal materials that are more susceptible to failure.

We have two to use at work. They really do have an extremely plastic lightweight feel to them :confused:

/ Looking for best cordless drill to purchase #20  
]I'm currently shopping for for a LI battery drill...

Does anyone know if the Ryobi LI batteries/chargers will work with the +1 nicad tools ?

Well this from the home depot site

"Best of all, like all 18-Volt one Plus batteries, the included lithium battery works in every Ryobi 18-Volt One Plus tool ever made."

buyin the drill kit is seriously cheaper than a charger/battery upgrade kit :shocked:

Ryobi 18-Volt Lithium Drill Kit-P828 at The Home Depot