Weapon laws

/ Weapon laws #21  
I don't get laminated for 37.50. I have to pay more for that

/ Weapon laws #22  
Here again, it is your state and if the people agree so be it -I am all about states rights. However this would never (we hope) happen in Texas.

Being originally from vt, which has the most favorable fireams laws in the us i find MA way to restrictive, but this is where the jobs are...

/ Weapon laws #23  
Here again, it is your state and if the people agree so be it -I am all about states rights. However this would never (we hope) happen in Texas.

Well, liberal federal judges are on the prowl with state rights whether it's unconstitutional or not. A fed judge upheld a semi auto ban in New York and also took away Utah's ban on gay marriage.

So far Utah has some of the most lenient gun control. We can have a loaded handgun in our cars even without CCW permit. We can carry in schools with CCW permit. Thank goodness, makes our schools not so vulnerable. We can open carry into public as long as they are not loaded (in the chamber)without CCW permit.

/ Weapon laws #24  
Is that California?

Yes... SF Bay Area, California.

In Washington I happen to be in just about the only area where any discharge of a firearm is prohibited... didn't even occur to me at the time I bought.

/ Weapon laws #25  
I don't know what our laws are and don't care to find out. Heck, you have to be a lawyer to go fishing nowadays. If I need my pistol, rifles or shotguns outside my home, so be it.

/ Weapon laws #26  
Idaho USA here. Were an open carry state also. For the basic concealed license you need a clean record and an 8 hour safety course. For the enhanced concealed license you need actual range firing and safety class. 5 year license. Idaho;s license is recognized in only a few states (11) , but after adding Utah license to the mix we get 35 states that recognize the permit.

We can buy ammo and reloading materials at any sporting goods store. You can buy any rifle, shotgun or handgun at any licensed gun dealership in the state (sporting goods store,whatever) without any delay as long as you have clean record and are a resident of the state.

The Idaho House of Representatives approved a largely symbolic measure that would make it a crime for state and local police to enforce new federal firearms restrictions, in a show of defiance against gun control proposals from the ***** administration.

The measure cleared the Republican-controlled House by a 55-13 vote and now heads to the state Senate.

Under the bill, state or local officials who help enforce any new federal gun limits could face up to a year in prison and a maximum fine of $1,000. The legislative gambit represents the latest effort by lawmakers in certain states, mostly in the West and South, to undercut new federal gun restrictions even before they might become part of U.S. law.

/ Weapon laws #27  
Since there are members from all over the world on this site so I thought we could compare gun laws. Here are the rules in Norway.

In Norway you must first take the hunting proficiency test, then you must seek permission from the police before you get to buy weapons it requires that you have clean criminal record. Only place you can buy amo including what you need to reload amo is in special hunting / fishing stores, where it is required that you show up license for the weapon you have and you can not buy cartridges to other calibers than the weapon you have. there is also a limit to how many weapons you can have. Shotguns must be designed so you can not have more than two cartridges in it.
To own handgun and revolvers you must in addition be a member of a shooting club and when the gun is not in use, there has to be locked in the clubs safe.

So how does it work where you live?

I worked for a man that grew up in Norway, and he told me that if there was a murder it would make national news over there. I live in north central Florida in a mostly rural county of 70,000. Most local murders or shootings make the paper but rarely make semi local tv news. If its a kid or something else to draw attention to it it will normally be briefly mentioned on semi local news (Jacksonville/Gainesville) Diffrent worlds. We have 811 violent crimes per 100,000 people per year in 2010 2011 (murders assaults rapes and vehicle thefts)

Now, about our laws, ive heard that starting 2013 in Florida private sales between private people now requires a background check and if you unknowingly sell to a felon you can face charges. Dont know the details.... ive also been told that starting soon (2014?) you need to have a CC license or hunting license to buy ammo, dont know if that is true, surely if there was a law like that passed there would be a major news story and ive only heard people talking about it, not on news, so it might be paranoid BS.

/ Weapon laws #28  
Since there are members from all over the world on this site so I thought we could compare gun laws. Here are the rules in Norway.

In Norway you must first take the hunting proficiency test, then you must seek permission from the police before you get to buy weapons it requires that you have clean criminal record. Only place you can buy amo including what you need to reload amo is in special hunting / fishing stores, where it is required that you show up license for the weapon you have and you can not buy cartridges to other calibers than the weapon you have. there is also a limit to how many weapons you can have. Shotguns must be designed so you can not have more than two cartridges in it.
To own handgun and revolvers you must in addition be a member of a shooting club and when the gun is not in use, there has to be locked in the clubs safe.

So how does it work where you live?

One thing to keep in mind is that the United States, each state has varying laws pertaining to gun ownership, what you need to do to own a firearm and what kind of firearm you can own.

/ Weapon laws #29  
So far Utah has some of the most lenient gun control. We can have a loaded handgun in our cars even without CCW permit. We can carry in schools with CCW permit.

Does Utah still have that stupid law where you can't carry one in the chamber? Found out the hard way lol

/ Weapon laws #30  
Yes... SF Bay Area, California. In Washington I happen to be in just about the only area where any discharge of a firearm is prohibited... didn't even occur to me at the time I bought.

You are talking about a county where you cannot discharge a gun at all?

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet