LEO's, can you explain this to me please

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please #11  
Our standard procedure was to pat down everybody once they'd been cuffed, there was even a prescribed procedure/body path map for the pat down. Evidently the cop either had no certain procedure to follow ,or he forgot one of the steps or he was just too uncaring to do a proper pat down.

Ours started long before my time. Seems a deputy arrested a guy back the the "afro" days. When he delivered him to the jail, the jailers found a switchblade knife nestled in his doo.

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please
The link, should of posted this to begin with, apologies

Durham Chief: Handcuffed Teen Shoots, Kills Himself In Police Car | WUNC

Why I scratch my head is what's not told in the article is the fact that the police cruiser had a camera inside the car, but that camera was not turned on. If the police spend this money to protect themselves (and sometimes rightfully so IMO), why don't they actually use it?

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please #13  
Regardless of what happened, a piece a trash is not with us any more.

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please #14  
Sounds like pretty sloppy police work, but the cop probably thought the kid wasn't dangerous. He was a runaway who had trespassed. When I was 17 I was charged with trespassing because I sneaked and met a girl in her house after her parents were in bed. It was her idea and she was the same age as me.
Not sure that makes me "a piece of trash". as stated in post #13.

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please #16  
Must be nice living in your world
Yup, we live in the same world, we just think differently.

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please
Yup, we live in the same world, we just think differently.

You're absolutely right. I'm guessing you have no clue how easy it could be to get slapped with a second degree trespass, added the fact that the kid was 17 and there were no other charges OTHER than the second degree trespass (if it would of been more serious, no doubt they would of tacked some other things on it). I'm not defending the kid who "shot" himself, but to call someone trash due to those charges is ridiculous IMO.

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please #19  
but to call someone trash due to those charges is ridiculous IMO.
Non trash people do not hide/carry a gun to harm some one.
And trust me, he was carrying that gun to hurt some one.

/ LEO's, can you explain this to me please #20  
I don't see second degree trespass and what would have become a felony weapons charge to be reason enough to end your life. The kid obviously had other problems.