World Wealth

/ World Wealth #1  

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
I just read that the combined wealth of the world's 85 richest people equals the combined wealth of the entire bottom half of the world - or 3.5 BILLION people.

85 people have as much wealth as 3.5 BILLION people.

Interesting statistic.

Not commenting on anything other than the statistic which, at least to me, was new.

MoKelly

/ World Wealth #3  
I just read that the combined wealth of the world's 85 richest people equals the combined wealth of the entire bottom half of the world - or 3.5 BILLION people.

85 people have as much wealth as 3.5 BILLION people.

Interesting statistic.

Not commenting on anything other than the statistic which, at least to me, was new.

MoKelly

Another amazing statistic. In terms of the world's income distribution, nearly half of the world's top 1% live in the US.

The top one per cent comprises anyone with an income over $34,000 after tax, meaning a family of four must earn $136,000 to make it in the category.

From We are the 1%: You need $34k income to be in the global elite... and half the world's richest live in the U.S. | Mail Online.

Steve

Last edited:
   / World Wealth #4  
Wow, I didn't realize there were 85 of us!!! I wonder who the other 84 in my class are.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ World Wealth #5  
Wow, I didn't realize there were 85 of us!!! I wonder who the other 84 in my class are.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

im the 2nd one...at least in my mind

/ World Wealth #6  
I'm spending the winter back in the Philippines, yep 12 families own the Philippines. One is the current president, his mother was president too.

mark

/ World Wealth #7  
I've read Bill Gates has more wealth than the 150 million poorest Americans combined -- and I'd bet the 150 million poorest Americans have more than the 3.5 billion poorest in the world.

One in five Americans has negative net worth and an awful lot don't have much more.

/ World Wealth #8  
   / World Wealth #10  
I also read where Bill Gates is the largest private land owner in the country, he is owns more farm land than anybody else in the country too. It may not by name only but his companies, trusts and other corporations continually by farm land all over the nation. Example, a local family I know decided to stop farming and sold, 15 sections in all, it was bought by a trust which Bill Gages owns. And that trust now leases the land out.