Handy little door closer

/ Handy little door closer #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
Do you have doors in your house that are constantly left open when they should be closed? I have a door that goes down to my heated basement that is constantly left ajar. The heat from the basement just rises right up and makes the basement cold. I found a very inexpensive door closer ($18.80) on Amazon with good reviews. I ordered one and it was very easy to install, small and unobtrusive. As long as it is kept plumb to the door, it works great. It comes with all the needed mounting hardware and an extra bolt for adjusting the tension. It can be installed on left-hand or right hand doors by simply flipping the closer body. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. This is one of those times in my opinion.

My installation is in the photo below.

Door-Closer.JPG

/ Handy little door closer #2  
Cool. I think it would be more entertaining, (albeit much less cost effective,) to have a small monkey dressed in a tuxedo to close my doors. Not as readily available on Amazon though. Good find!

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Handy little door closer #4  
Would be great on a rental property. Outside door leading into a attached garage never closed.

/ Handy little door closer #5  
Looks good. I need one that will get the person out of the door who likes to stand there letting all the cold air in while talking

Eddie

/ Handy little door closer #6  
Good idea..neat and simple.

/ Handy little door closer
If you know you'll need a closer when a door is first set, a spring hinge is probably better, but I think most doors are pre-hung. Removing the old hinges and putting in spring hinges may require some modifications to the doors. I think most builders want to slap pre-hungs in and go. They don't want to mess with adding spring hinges. You are left to modify your own doors.

I've noticed that white closers are almost 1/2 the cost of the brown ones. If you have white interior doors, your cost would be even less.:thumbsup: