chromecast

/ chromecast #1  

randy41

Veteran Member
i got a google chromecast which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. like most of you when i get something its like a new toy and if i need battery or something and i don't have it it makes the experience less fulfilling. some of us never grow up. well i looked at my tv and i don't see a usb port that can power the chromecast on it. but i have an ac power supply with a usb port on it. its meant to be an ipod charger but the ipod cable unplugs. can this be used with the chromecast? isn't all usb power the same?

/ chromecast #2  
It ships with the adapter as well. Enjoy!

/ chromecast #3  
Sorry, I don't have a clue what you are on about. It's been my experience that whenever I get some new computer stuff (and I try to avoid this like the plague) some incompatibility rears it's ugly head. USB I and II immediately come to mind.

It's why I prefer to go out and play in the dirt!

/ chromecast #4  
i got a google chromecast which is supposed to arrive tomorrow. like most of you when i get something its like a new toy and if i need battery or something and i don't have it it makes the experience less fulfilling. some of us never grow up. well i looked at my tv and i don't see a usb port that can power the chromecast on it. but i have an ac power supply with a usb port on it. its meant to be an ipod charger but the ipod cable unplugs. can this be used with the chromecast? isn't all usb power the same?

Do I think it will work from your present ipad charger, yes. But there is an AC/USB power supply included with the device from what I can read. Also if your HDMI port is version 1.4 or greater it may provide the power to run the device.

/ chromecast #5  
Dont get too excited about the chromecast yet, there are app limitations. Dont get me wrong, love mine for Netflix and youtube, but xfinity go, hbo go and alot of others are not yet supported. Bad me for not reading up on it, does work magically for what it does, and the just released the developer kit so app integration will work its way into the mainstream fast. Enjoy!

/ chromecast
Dont get too excited about the chromecast yet, there are app limitations. Dont get me wrong, love mine for Netflix and youtube, but xfinity go, hbo go and alot of others are not yet supported. Bad me for not reading up on it, does work magically for what it does, and the just released the developer kit so app integration will work its way into the mainstream fast. Enjoy!
i mostly watch netflix. i heard it doesn't work with amazon video.

/ chromecast #7  
i use it mostly for web videos i want to watch, youtube etc, but really most videos running
in chrome will cast..... not all though, AVI and some other formats don't work,, without
a decoder.
no problem with power, just another plug for the power strip.
we have a sony blu ray with internet freatures, and things like amazon, netflix,
hulo etc are available there , i mainly bought this for streaming basketball games
that weren't broadcast on Dish but were webcast on ESPN....

/ chromecast
i'm loving this. my laptop is not high powered and can't run HD without lagging. great product for the price. still trying to get all the way through pulp fiction. might as well break this thing in with weird.

/ chromecast #9  
good flick!
i just wish i had a higher internet speed. rural area, no cable, or fios,
so it's a dsl over phone lines, 3mbs download speed max,, with very slow
upload speed. maybe someday i'll have access so more.

/ chromecast
good flick!
i just wish i had a higher internet speed. rural area, no cable, or fios,
so it's a dsl over phone lines, 3mbs download speed max,, with very slow
upload speed. maybe someday i'll have access so more.
that's what i have. no problem streaming media.