Tractor
    NH TN 55, Kubota RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw 61" ZTR

Default It seems like he was quite a guy -- I regret thet I never met him.

Here's the obituary of Leonard M. Smith. He apparently led a full and rewarding life. I like the last paragraph.

Leonard Smith hated pointless bureaucracy, thoughtless inefficiency and bad ideas born of good intentions. He loved his wife, admired and respected his children and liked just about every dog he ever met. He will be greatly missed by those he loved and those who loved him. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you cancel your subscription to The New York Times. Leonard Smith would have thought that this obituary was about three paragraphs too long.
    Leonard M. Smith Obituary: View Leonard Smith's Obituary by GreenwichTime

Steve

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: It seems like he was quite a guy -- I regret thet I never met him.

That was real good Steve, thanks for posting it. Maybe he knew the meaning of Pallet stacking?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Interesting....wonder if he voted split ticket....or at all.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Here, Here!.. I would have liked him I am sure!
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    That was real good Steve, thanks for posting it. Maybe he knew the meaning of Pallet stacking?
    Me might have, one line was

He graduated from the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey, and then matriculated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was president of the Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity and earned an engineering degree.
    He might have been behind early pallet stacking development.

As a military man my favorite line was

He joined the Army Air Corps after his first term at M.I.T., and attained the rank of colonel, but only on the telephone when facilitating personnel discharges and equipment requisitions.
    I wonder if his nickname was "RADAR."
    DaveR

If a wire wasn't shorted it wouldn't work. What you have is an intermittent open!

Electronics is smoke and magic. If you let the smoke out of something it doesn't work anymore - the magic is getting the smoke back in.

County Line 6ft finish mower, King Kutter 5ft bush hog, King Kutter 4ft tiller, King Kutter Carry-All,
    King Kutter 60" Box Blade, Ferguson 12-AO-40 2-bottom plow, Home built pine needle rake.

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

Interesting that as we age, our newspaper reading habits change. Who reads the obits about someone they never knew before they were in their 50's? Now, its standard reading after the sports section.

MoKelly

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4

that was a good one.
    L3940HSTC, QA FEL, BH92
    L5030HST,QA,FEL
    MF 205-4
    Husqvarna YTH24V48LS (the other orange)
    KK Finish Mower, KK Tiller, 6' rotary mower, Pallet forks, PHD, Blade, Carryall, cultivator, 2 wheel barrows, assorted gardening tools,