would this be a bad thing

/ would this be a bad thing #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
today i had a guy from a oil company contact me, the oil company wants to lease my land, i was wondering if any one has or knows if this could end up bad for me. thanks for any and all advice.

/ would this be a bad thing #2  
depends on the conditions of the lease and what you do with your land now, if the lease is for mineral rights and they are using horizontal drilling make sure that in the lease has a "no surface activity clause" that way you will never know they are even there. If on the other hand it is for drilling or storage be sure that you will not want to use your property that is leased. Keep in mind many of their leases are in effect as long as they want not you. You should get a lawyer that specializes in oil and gas lease and tell him what conditions you want, he should also be up on the current fair price. Be careful to check about eminent domain laws in your area, if you get to resistant they will take you to court and they will win.

/ would this be a bad thing #3  
Get an attorney that specializes in Oil and Gas Leasing as mentioned above. Could be a lucrative deal, or a huge nightmare once they are there.

Do you have the mineral rights?

/ would this be a bad thing
i don't do any thing with my ground now other than mow it. i have a lawyer appointment at the end of the week, but it worries me that if these people want it they will take it anyway , like you saidt hey will take you to court and they will win.

Get an attorney that specializes in Oil and Gas Leasing as mentioned above. Could be a lucrative deal, or a huge nightmare once they are there.

Do you have the mineral rights?
yes. i have mineral rights.

/ would this be a bad thing #7  
I bet having the MR helps protect you from "takeovers", but a good attorney would be money well spent. The site Hunter29 mentioned will likely have allot of good information.

thanks for the link , it dosen't have any Kentucky in it, and i want to add a thank you to all replys.

/ would this be a bad thing #9  
Oil and Gas attorney asap! I am in the heart of the pa shale boom and I can tell you its very important!!!