Ran over my dog, he's OK though

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
Ugh! On Saturday I accidently ran over my best friend of 12 years. Fortunately, it looks like he'll be OK and recover to wag his tail another day.

I was putting in 50 feet of trenched waterline out to my garden on Saturday. During the lunch break, I needed to run into town to get some plumbing fittings, so I loaded up the family and my mom so we could also stop somewhere for lunch.

Upon returning, I stopped across our driveway, to help my mom get up the ramp to her in-law apartment. In the process, I had to chase old "Dually" my 12 yo yellow lab off the porch, so my mom could get in the door. Unbeknownst to me, he just walked about 10 feet and laid down again in front of my truck. When I climbed back in to pull the truck under my carport, I didn't see him and started to run over him. Fortunately, I was just creeping and heard him yelp when I started running over his rear leg.

He has a "glove" skin injury, where the skin pulled off his lower leg, exposing the tendons, muscle and bone, but surprisingly, nothing was broken. The vet pulled the skin back together the best they could and stapled it together, but he's still missing quite a bit of skin, but they expect it to all grow together. I feel awful for the old boy, Dually's been one heck of a family dog. He treats and protects my two girls like they're his own. He's truly been a part of the family, but at 12 years, he's beginning to slow down and his hips are starting to bother him, making him slow to get up.

Anyway, if you have an older pet, be especially careful if they're prone to lying around where you might not see them. IMG_0577.jpg

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #2  
Really sorry to hear of your pet's injury. I hope he recovers fully and quickly ... and that he doesn't hold a grudge :)

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #3  
You probably feel worse then Dually. Close call, I hope Dually heals well and quickly.

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #4  
Poor Puppy, Hope all is well soon.

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #5  
Glad he's going to be ok.

He's prolly plotting to get even now. Watch you're back.

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #6  
I am really sorry --- but, the important thing is that he is OK. I bet he treats you just as good as before. Dogs are just like that --- loyal.

MoKelly

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #7  
Poor ole dog, give him a pat on the head for me.. Hope he heals up soon and completely.

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #8  
Yep, I feel sorry for you and Dually both.

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #9  
and scratch the old boys' ears for me.

Watch out for a brown present on your pillow.:eek:

/ Ran over my dog, he's OK though #10  
That's tough! glad it turned out ok for both of you.

I did the same thing plowing. My blue heeler loved to chance mice and rats when I plowed, Thank goodness for the soft dirt and only the front tire!!