MS "Access" (database) question

/ MS "Access" (database) question #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
MS \"Access\" (database) question

Help from any Access gurus...

Help from any Access NON gurus... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Long story short, I know enough about Access to know I dont know diddly.

Trying to make a 4 page report and can get about 2 1/2 pages (as you scroll DOWN the design view).

I'm trying to widen my page so I can have 2 pages side by side (while in design view)

Every time I set up the width so I can put 2 pages side by side, all the data on pages 2 & 3 disappear.

My goal, is to have 3 (or 4 if need be) pages for a long report with lots of stuff in it.

Any thoughts why I dont seem to be able to put more in?

Can you add a VERTICLE page break? I see the regular page break, how does it know that column 2 is the second column of pages? (or is that my problem?)

Thanks for any thoughts

Richard

(also, I KNOW this might not be the best use of access, however, it does exactly what I need in this circumstance much easier than Excel or Word)

/ MS "Access" (database) question #2  
Re: MS \"Access\" (database) question

It's been a while since I used Access, and rarely used it to print reports, so I can't help you directly. But, how about exporting the data to Excel and formatting it there for printing?

/ MS "Access" (database) question

lol why? lol why ask why?

Because I had no idea you could do that?

Because today is Tuesday?

(your best guess is pick #1) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm making this file for a friend of mine and don't know what all he has, but it seems reasonable that if he has Access, he has Excel, I'll go give it a whirl.

Richard

/ MS "Access" (database) question #4  

Richard,

You may have already done this, but... You can do columns by doing a file, page setup, with the report highlighted. There is a column tab.

Don't know if this is what you are trying to do. I have a phone list with 3 columns, you don't see it in the design view, but when you run the report it prints in 3 columns.

Lloyd

/ MS "Access" (database) question

Thank you Lloyd, I tried that but doesn't seem to work /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

soooooooooooooooo I got crafty & thinking

Seems if I add a footer, I gain a couple pages worth of real estate /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I just added the page of info I needed in the report as a footer and seems to work perfectly!!

Is this another way to skin a cat? (and therefore is it patentable?)

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif