Buzzards are pests

/ Buzzards are pests #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
And its illegal to kill them. They sit on my TV antenna (have destroyed one and damaged the replacment) and crap all over my cooking patio. I have sorta been out of commission with surgery and now I find I am going to have to pressure wash everything before I can cook. These are the black Mexican buzzards I think - we shoot them with the BB gun but they come right back. They also sit on the ridge of the house and on the chimney and they crap all over the roof. @#$#$%^%^&%^&*%^(*&!!!

Attachments

• Buzzard dung.JPG
    Buzzard dung.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 198
   / Buzzards are pests #2  
Maybe they're misinterpreting your physical condition?

/ Buzzards are pests #3  
Anything dead in your yard?

/ Buzzards are pests #5  
While it may not be a permanent solution, you can step it up from a BB gun to a .22 with ratshot. That will put them on the move without killing them. You can't be too close, but a shotgun with very small shot, like #9, is even more effective. If you make it uncomfortable enough for them, they will find somewhere else to roost.

/ Buzzards are pests #6  
SSS

Shoot, Shovel & Shutup

No way they would get away with that on my place. ***** says, "Get a shotgun":D

/ Buzzards are pests #7  
If conventional methods of firecrackers, bb gun and rat shot doesn't work, I would resort to shooting amongst them with a shotgun if you are allowed to use firearms where you are. Consult your local wildlife agent for their suggestions. IF nothing else works, use the S.S.S. method. I know it is illegal to kill them, but as in most cases, when an animal becomes a nuisance and refuses to accept kinder methods, you have to take extreme action. I have them cruise by and around my house almost daily but they never stop to roost or even light in the trees unless there is something dead attracting them.

/ Buzzards are pests #8  
Buzzards are not pests. They perform a valuable free service. You need to determine why they are roosting near your house then eliminate the cause rather than the symptom.

/ Buzzards are pests #9  
Buzzards are not pests. They perform a valuable free service. You need to determine why they are roosting near your house then eliminate the cause rather than the symptom.

:drink:

You are correct, they don't hang around unless there is something to eat.

/ Buzzards are pests #10  
I dare say you would have a different approach if they were crapping all over your house and patio. That must be a valuable service for you too to have to wash it all down everyday. Firefighters and policemen perform a valuable service, but I don't want them setting on my house crapping on my stuff or breaking my antennas (if I had any). I would be putting the rock salt to their butts with my shotgun if that happened and maybe that would work for the buzzards also

Roosting is not the same as looking for food. They cruise around looking for food but wherever they roost, the trees all die. They are normally too scared to hang around without a food source but roosting has nothing to do with food.