Move Along.....Says Micky D's

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #11  
Valuation of a company doesn't equate with quality . You are absolutely right it is valuable garbage, but it still garbage.

Quality is an opinion. Valuation is quantitative. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. But, this is America and everyone can choose where to shop. Clearly, many more people choose to shop at McDonalds than any other restaurant. McDonald"s stock has been quite good to me.

MoKelly

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #12  
Quality is an opinion. Valuation is quantitative. One man's garbage is another man's treasure. But, this is America and everyone can choose where to shop. Clearly, many more people choose to shop at McDonalds than any other restaurant. McDonald"s stock has been quite good to me.

MoKelly

Well then, as a part owner of McD's you should send those folks a personal apology. :laughing:

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #13  
If you think McDonald's is quality food watch the documentary " supersize me"

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #15  
I hate to use quality to describe fast food, but I think Wendy's sandwiches are much better, Burger King no thanks, except for the Whopper Jr, McDonalds, yeah I like an occasional Big Mac.

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's
In and Out Cheeseburger is the best fast food out there.........great food and high quality!:thumbsup:

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #17  
I think of it as a time saver..... ;)

You can consume an Angus Third Pounder -Bacon and Cheese and a Large Chocolate Triple Thick Milkshake and you are done for the day !

1940 Calories and 119% of your Daily Sodium in two items !

Nutrition Centre :: McDonalds.ca

At least you can get a salad at MDs now.... Wendy's was the first big chain in the Canadian market that had a good (for fast food) salad offering.

To be fair to MDs, those figures above came from a detailed pamphlet they had available at their front counter in a Toronto store - the information is there - like alcohol and tobacco, if many people choose to ignore the data, it isn't totally the fault of the company.

But then again, I'm admittedly olde school that way.....

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Move Along.....Says Micky D's #18  
McDonalds owes their success to brilliant advertizing. Go for the kids and you get the parents. Many of the kids become parents and continue the tradition of taking their children to McDonalds.

McDonalds was one of the first to advertize strongly towards children; the hamburgerler, kids play area, happy meals, etc. The food is mediocre, nothing special compared to other fast food places, and others have tried to copy McDonalds advertizing.

Only recently (past few years) have many of the fast food places started advertizing towards adults with healthier choices.

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #19  
McDonalds owes their success to brilliant advertizing. Go for the kids and you get the parents. Many of the kids become parents and continue the tradition of taking their children to McDonalds.

McDonalds was one of the first to advertize strongly towards children; the hamburgerler, kids play area, happy meals, etc. The food is mediocre, nothing special compared to other fast food places, and others have tried to copy McDonalds advertizing.

Only recently (past few years) have many of the fast food places started advertizing towards adults with healthier choices.

Don't forget Grimace and the Fry Guys

/ Move Along.....Says Micky D's #20  
I agree with the store on this one.

Our Timmies (I dont really do McD so I cant really speak to it) has half the tables filled with old dudes sitting there for hours sipping their ONE coffee, meaning that those tables are not available for guys like me when I want to drop in for a quick break at lunch. Signs are up saying that there is a 30 min limit, yet it really never is enforced unless you are a a teenager hanging around. We all know why its never enforced, because these days the first thing people do is run to the media or go online as in this case. Better to NOT enforce the rule than be labeled a "Senior Hater" in the media I guess.