Anyone need a CarFax run?

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #11  
I agree just wanted to know how they go about finding out about the auto's. My car has not been to a Dealer so nothing can be said about it?

/ Anyone need a CarFax run?
Dealers and the individual States(police & registrations) are the primary source of info. However, many body and repair shops are also on the network.

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #13  
Most of the insurance companies give collision repair info to CarFax also, but since it's the insurance company doing it, if you pay for the body work yourself, it may not show up on the report.

So while a CarFax may not be totally accurate, it's a lot better than nothing!

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #14  
Carfax is a joke.

They have agreements with autoshop software suppliers and insert software into shop systems that report back to Carfax WITHOUT THE OWNER OF THE SHOP knowing it. Once we found out Carfax was reporting on work that was done through our system we disabled the reporting aspect.

Folks this information is the vehicle owners and nobody elses. If your doctor sold your information to a company like Carfax the crap would hit the fan big time.

In our case we would sell an oil filter over the counter then Carfax would report that we changed the oil and performed routine maintenance when in fact we didn't.

Carfax can go to _ _ _ _.

Fred

/ Anyone need a CarFax run?
Don't hold back Fred...tell us how you really feel.....so I should put you down as a {NO} for me running you a VIN #:laughing:

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #16  
I have used CarFax quite abit. A few years ago my daughter bought a used veh from a dealer & did not have me check out the car via CarFax. All of that could have been avoided if she had waited for DAD to do some homework.

Well, believe me, you aren't the first father to have a child ignore your suggestions!:laughing:

But, it really is true that the older your kids get, the smarter you become.

MoKelly

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #17  
Nice gesture, very thoughtful of you