Anyone need a CarFax run?

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
Bought 6 helping out a co-worker, only used 1, so I can run 5 more VIN's in the next two months. Hate to see 'em go to waste so If you want one FOC(free of charge), PM me....

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #3  
That is a generous offer, MotorSeven! I do not need one, but wanted you to know that I thought it a very nice offer.

Last edited:
   / Anyone need a CarFax run?
3 left now.....FG, thanks....no biggie though:p

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #5  
What do you get running a VIN?

/ Anyone need a CarFax run? #6  
Supposed to tell you if it has been wrecked, etc., so one can make a better decision about purchasing.

From the CarFax site:
CARFAX Price Adjustment™
Accidents, service records, number of owners and many other history factors can affect a vehicle's value. The CARFAX Price Adjustment is a tool that analyzes millions of used car transactions to measure how the combination of all the information reported to CARFAX affects the value of a particular vehicle. The vehicle's retail book value plus the CARFAX Price Adjustment will give you a more accurate measure of the vehicle's value. Use this tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.
First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.
Manufacturer Recall
Automobile manufacturers issue recall notices to inform owners of car defects that have come to the manufacturer's attention. Recalls also suggest improvements that can be made to improve the safety of a particular vehicle. Most manufacturer recalls can be repaired at no cost to you.
Ownership History
CARFAX defines an owner as an individual or business that possesses and uses a vehicle. Not all title transactions represent changes in ownership. To provide estimated number of owners, CARFAX proprietary technology analyzes all the events in a vehicle history. Estimated ownership is available for vehicles manufactured after 1994 and titled solely in the US including Puerto Rico. Dealers sometimes opt to take ownership of a vehicle and are required to in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Dakota. Please consider this as you review a vehicle's estimated ownership history.
Rental
Vehicle was registered by a rental agency.
Title Issued
A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration record on a CARFAX report does not necessarily indicate a change in ownership. In Canada, a registration and bill of sale are used as proof of ownership.
Toyota Recall
Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. provides CARFAX with recall information within the last 10 model years for vehicles originally marketed or sold in the United States of America and its territories. Only open Safety or Emissions recalls, where the remedy is available and has not been completed, will be listed. While Toyota provides data updates to CARFAX on a regular basis, this report may not include very recent activity. For the most current information on recall activity for any Toyota vehicle, go to Toyota Safety Recall and Car Service Information.

I have used CarFax quite abit. A few years ago my daughter bought a used veh from a dealer & did not have me check out the car via CarFax. She had asked the dealer to provide one since most dealers will hand you a complete CF if asked, but this dealer ignore her request. After having some immediate problems with the car, I ran the CF & discovered that it had been totalled in an accident, and a Salvage title issued. After several phone calls and the suggestion that attorneys get involved, they took the vehicle back and found here one that had a clean history...she is still driving that one and happy. All of that could have been avoided if she had waited for DAD to do some homework.

Cf is not the last word on potential problems since many things can happen to a car that never gets reported. But, for the few dollars it take to run the VIN, I think the benefits are worth every penny.

Here is the one I ran for a friend:

Title History
CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Owner 1

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire | Flood | Hail | Lemon Guaranteed
No Problem
Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed
No Problem
GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. Register | View Terms | View Certificate
Additional History
Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX Owner 1

Total Loss
No total loss reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Structural Damage
No structural damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Odometer Check
No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall
No open recalls reported to CARFAX.

No Recalls Reported
Basic Warranty
Original warranty estimated to have 30 months or 32,020 miles remaining. Interested in an extended warranty?

Warranty Active

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
11/08/2012 Dealer Inventory
Johnson City, TN Vehicle offered for sale
07/12/2013 1 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
08/31/2013 3,980 Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept. Vehicle purchase reported
Titled or registered as
personal vehicle
09/12/2013 Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Johnson City, TN