Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now?

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #1  

diesel lover

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferg. To 20, 1956 Massey F. MF 25 diesel, Ferg. 40, 1944 John D. A, 1965 cockshutt 40,
Started my new job a few weeks ago. I cant find these since I moved. How hard is it to apply for a new social security card and how long will it take to receive? thanks

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #2  
Started my new job a few weeks ago. I cant find these since I moved. How hard is it to apply for a new social security card and how long will it take to receive? thanks

Just go to your local SS office with proof of ID. Not hard at all but convincing them who you are might be.

Harry K

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #4  
and you can get a copy of your birth cert from the locality where you were born. i was born in the Bronx NY in 1950 and needed a copy of my birth cert and i was amazed that it was easily obtainable.

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #5  
Quit the job, Move to NY, apply for welfare, SNAP, a cell phone, free health care and enroll in college. No documentation needed. The few taxpayers left will even provide taxi service.

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #6  
Birth certificate should be no problem. Depends on the State you were born in but you go to the town or county clerk depending on the state, tell them your name and birthday and they will pull it out ask you some questions about your parents to verify you are you and make you a copy. Remember it is the town or county the hospital is in not where your parents were living that keeps the official records of your birth. My wife is our town clerk and they don't even send her notice of babies born in the hospital across the river in the New Hampshire hospital.

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #7  
Quit the job, Move to NY, apply for welfare, SNAP, a cell phone, free health care and enroll in college. No documentation needed. The few taxpayers left will even provide taxi service.

You beat me to it. Claim you're an illegal alien and get everything handed to you for free. Break laws with impunity. Free Medicaid! Live on someone else's dime.

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #8  
If your birth county is a distance from you you can contact the county records by phone and they will let you know what you need to do. I got one for a job a few years ago without driving the 500 miles to get it.

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #9  
Some states have a Department of Births and Deaths in the state capitol that will handle all the birth and death certificates. Try that if your birth hospital doesn't have a copy.
As for SS card, if you know your number which you should, just apply for a duplicate from your local SS office. Might also be able to do it online.

/ Cant find birth certificate or social security card. WHat now? #10  
To get a replacement Social Security card you will need to

Complete Form SS-5 - Application for a Social Security Card. (This form can be used to apply for a new card, to replace your card or to correct information shown on your card.);

Present an unexpired original document, , like a drivers license, with identifying information and preferably a recent photograph that proves your identity;

Show evidence of your U.S. citizenship if you were born outside the United States and did not show proof of U.S. citizenship when you got your original card; and

If you are not a U.S. citizen, show evidence of your current naturalization or lawful noncitizen status.

Replacement Social Security cards cannot be applied for online. You must either take or mail the completed SS-5 application and all required documents to your local Social Security Office.

From How to Replace a Lost or Stolen Social Security Card

Steve